Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Happy Bloggerversary to me!

Yesterday (May 1) was my 1 year Bloggerversary. I originally figured that after a month or so I'd get sick of writing and my blog would get lost in cyberspace somwhere, much like all of my half- and quarter-filled journals since age 11 have ended up at the bottom of my junk drawer. ("Dear Diary, My mom and dad suck! They won't let me sleep over Kelly's until I clean my room! That is so totally unfair! P.S. Dave is soooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!")

I think the fact that there has been a lot to talk about is the reason I keep writing. These early 20's have have been difficult, and writing about them this past year has helped me sort through things. Sure, I still look back at entries and get embarassed about the things that actually mattered to me a few months ago, when in the scheme of things, they were so unimportant. In a real journal, I'd rip out the page. I suppose I could delete the entries, but now I'd rather just read it again, and learn from it.

This year has been a busy one for me. In the past 12 months, I was a long term sub, I nannied, I was haunted, I became cool, I got a teaching job and thought THIS was bad, I found out there were much worse things to come, I found a wonderful surprise, I proved that my car is cursed, I had bad sex, I was bitten, I grossed everyone out, and I wrote a poem on my 25th birthday.

Next year, I will be able to begin my Year 2 Summary with "I moved out of my house." I hope that is just the first of many adventures I will have to share with you all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for frizziness!
Happy blogday. :)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Yay! Happy Blogerversary...mine is on the 8th. All of a week after yours, because I couldn't comment on your blog originally without an account...

And now, a year later, addicted.

2:06 PM  
Blogger anika said...

Happy Blogeversary!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Yay to you!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home