Saturday, September 24, 2005

Go Finger...

So the gym teacher took a picture of my class last Thursday, and it has been hanging up by the gym, and this Thursday I asked her to email me the file so I could print one out for myself. And so as I'm getting ready to print it, I have it up all big on my computer screen, and I notice this:



Yes, you are seeing correctly. Your eyes do not deceive you. Little E, my precious 8-year-old student with cerebral palsy who walks down the hall holding my hand and loudly humming the wedding march every day because he swears we are going to get married, is giving the camera the finger.

And so because I think this is pretty freaking funny (though shocking!), I am now having to make the very hard decision of whether or not of let it go and pretend like I never saw it, or ratting his ass out getting him in big trouble. And I suppose as the teacher, I could actually be the one to inflict the punishment on him...

But then he might not want to marry me anymore.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I say let it slide. I mean, what would the grandkids think of you when Grandpa tells them the story of how Grandma rat him out? Plus, it's just plain funny.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe he was just trying to tell the photographer that he would only stand there for two more photos and then he would leave, no?

11:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Or maybe he was saying - "In two years time my sweet you will be my wife". LOL.

11:40 AM  
Blogger alex said...

I had a professor once who would point to things with his middle finger. By itself, no big deal, lots of people do that. But that particular semester, they were taping the lectures and we were in one of those multimedia classrooms with a monitor at each desk. So whenever he pointed on the overhead projector, there would be twenty giant middle fingers displayed all over the room.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home