Real Life: Day 1
Because you were all interested, I figured I'd give you the update on the first day...
But actually, it went great. So there isn't much to say. Kind of a no-news-is-good-news kinda thing, though that makes for incredibly boring blogging.
I can tell you that I am constantly amazed at the street smarts of children living in a low-income urban area. For example:
Me: Who can tell me what a contract is and why we might use one?
LittleGirlC: It's like this paper that you sign... like if you're gonna get a tattoo or something...
Hm. Did I know anything about tattoos when I was 8, other than the fact that you could use baby oil to rub them off?
But yeah, that was about it for today. I suppose I'll have plenty more anecdotes as the year goes on, but let's hope this venture into the real world doesn't take me too far away from what's important. Like partying and blogging. I figure, if anything, it'll make me more of an alcoholic=more drunk stories=more fun stuff for you to read!
Class dismissed.
But actually, it went great. So there isn't much to say. Kind of a no-news-is-good-news kinda thing, though that makes for incredibly boring blogging.
I can tell you that I am constantly amazed at the street smarts of children living in a low-income urban area. For example:
Me: Who can tell me what a contract is and why we might use one?
LittleGirlC: It's like this paper that you sign... like if you're gonna get a tattoo or something...
Hm. Did I know anything about tattoos when I was 8, other than the fact that you could use baby oil to rub them off?
But yeah, that was about it for today. I suppose I'll have plenty more anecdotes as the year goes on, but let's hope this venture into the real world doesn't take me too far away from what's important. Like partying and blogging. I figure, if anything, it'll make me more of an alcoholic=more drunk stories=more fun stuff for you to read!
Class dismissed.


2 Comments:
Glad to hear that it went well! :o) ~ M
You have to sign contracts now when you are 8!!!! geesh, j/k.
That little girl will probably grow up to be the next Nicole Ritchie!
Post a Comment
<< Home