Excitement All Around!
Okay, so I know it's Friday night at almost midnight and I am blogging and that could be mistaken as being sad. However, I am NOT sad because the reason I am home is because tomorrow I am having a birthday picnic in New Brunswick (where I went to college) and I was busy preparing a quite sophisticated picnic feast fit to celebrate living life for a quarter of a century!Since you all can't be there, I will tell you what we will be eating, so that you may live vicariously through me and the awesome friends who are joining in my celebration.
Le Menu
Appetizers
Deluxe Cheese Tray
Havarti with dill, gouda, and cheddar for the unadventurous
Summer sausage
Red grapes
Roasted red pepper hummus
Assorted fancy entertaining crackers*
Main Course
All dishes served cold.
Fried chicken served with honey mustard and garlic herb mayonnaise for dipping
Greek orzo salad with spinach, crumbled feta, red onion, and pine nuts in a balsamic and olive oil dressing
Green bean and bacon salad with shallots and toasted walnuts in a lemon Dijon dressing
Dessert
Chilled fruit salad
An Abel Original**
Beverages
Vodka lemonade
Whatever else people bring to drink
As delicious as this all sounds to me, I hope that others find it as summery and picnicky and delightful. And if not? Saturday is also the New Jersey Folk Festival, which is held on the same grounds where we will be dining, and so people can go buy their own meat on a stick and overpriced smoothies.
* Says Wegman's...
** Abel is my friend who tests dirt by day and bakes cakes by night. He has graciously offered to make something fantastic for the celebration.
*****
In other news, and I'm sure the news you are more interested in, I have 1) received confirmation on the renewal of my contract for next year (!!), and 2) called WifeLandlord to confirm that I would indeed like to take the apartment!! (!!!!!!!!!!!)
Janie asked for some pictures, which I do have, but I'd much prefer sharing pictures when there is my own stuff in it and not someone else's, ya know? That way you all can see what fabulous taste I have, even when I’m broke.
If all goes well with my credit check and references (which, why wouldn't it?) I should be making the move on July 1, possibly August 1 if they are not yet ready to move into their new house. I preferred August, but told her I will take July if it means I get the place. So we'll see. I am very very excited and am crazy busy imagining all the ways that I will make it adorable and comfortable and inviting and cozy and wonderful and mine!
Le Menu
Appetizers
Deluxe Cheese Tray
Havarti with dill, gouda, and cheddar for the unadventurous
Summer sausage
Red grapes
Roasted red pepper hummus
Assorted fancy entertaining crackers*
Main Course
All dishes served cold.
Fried chicken served with honey mustard and garlic herb mayonnaise for dipping
Greek orzo salad with spinach, crumbled feta, red onion, and pine nuts in a balsamic and olive oil dressing
Green bean and bacon salad with shallots and toasted walnuts in a lemon Dijon dressing
Dessert
Chilled fruit salad
An Abel Original**
Beverages
Vodka lemonade
Whatever else people bring to drink
As delicious as this all sounds to me, I hope that others find it as summery and picnicky and delightful. And if not? Saturday is also the New Jersey Folk Festival, which is held on the same grounds where we will be dining, and so people can go buy their own meat on a stick and overpriced smoothies.
* Says Wegman's...
** Abel is my friend who tests dirt by day and bakes cakes by night. He has graciously offered to make something fantastic for the celebration.
*****
In other news, and I'm sure the news you are more interested in, I have 1) received confirmation on the renewal of my contract for next year (!!), and 2) called WifeLandlord to confirm that I would indeed like to take the apartment!! (!!!!!!!!!!!)
Janie asked for some pictures, which I do have, but I'd much prefer sharing pictures when there is my own stuff in it and not someone else's, ya know? That way you all can see what fabulous taste I have, even when I’m broke.
If all goes well with my credit check and references (which, why wouldn't it?) I should be making the move on July 1, possibly August 1 if they are not yet ready to move into their new house. I preferred August, but told her I will take July if it means I get the place. So we'll see. I am very very excited and am crazy busy imagining all the ways that I will make it adorable and comfortable and inviting and cozy and wonderful and mine!


4 Comments:
JESS!
1. the menu sounds delicious, and I'm so, so sorry I couldn't attend. I am so clearly studying.
2. YAY apartment! I'm so proud.
Chris - I'm sorry you couldn't attend too- it was fun, and would have been even better with you there :o)
And you will see how YAY the apartment is when you are helping me move in!
I am totally down with helping you move in. Unfortunately Bessie BooBoo Face isn't nearly as helpful as your bro's car was...but we'll make due. And we'll bribe Anth too, if we can.
OOOH LA LA! this is so very exciting. congrats on the contract AND new digs!
happy picnic-ing! (i know you already had it; it's a retrospective wish) :)
Post a Comment
<< Home