“Exercise is the yuppie version of bulimia.”*
I'm going to Florida in two weeks to visit Grams, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to fit in my bathing suits. That coupled with the fact that I hardly fit in any of my pants, and my shirts need camis under them because my boobs got bigger and I can't button the tops and they are all too short but only because I want them long enough to cover my lower gut, has sort of forced me into a Diet. Healthy eating. Exercising more. Whatever you want to call it but it doesnt include eating Skittles all day, every day. Erm. Not that I do that.
My main reason for sharing?
I need songs to add to my iPod Workout Mix.
Any suggestions are welcome, and I'll test all of them. Just please. No Eye of the Tiger or Rocky music. It is too hard to roll your eyes while exercising.
* ~ Barbara Ehrenreich
My main reason for sharing?
I need songs to add to my iPod Workout Mix.
Any suggestions are welcome, and I'll test all of them. Just please. No Eye of the Tiger or Rocky music. It is too hard to roll your eyes while exercising.
* ~ Barbara Ehrenreich


5 Comments:
Um, no throwing rocks or sticks...but I love with all my heart of darkness to work out to ... are you ready? ...
Disco music, the Jackson Five, bad hip hop from the 90s, and generally anything up beat. Yes, yes, corny, I know...but you'll be dance/treadmilling your way through "I Want You Back" (J5) and "Last Dance" in no time.
And lordy, I have a treadmill, you would think that I dunno, I might have used it once...talk about lower gut.
So sorry about the Diet. It's mean and horrible.
Do you know the Bloodhound Gang's "Lift Your Head Up High (and Blow Your Brains Out)"?
Sick, sick, but VERY funny lyrics, and the best workout song there is.
I suggest any Rusted Root, esp the first one...they have that tribal/primal beat that is very easy to work out to. Also, try that band that I am trying to think of....the one that sings "Up Up and Away in my Beautiful (My Beautiful) Balloon!" Jeez, I used to clean to them when I worked at that coffee shop in Metuchen, and I can't think of the name of the group. Anyway, they are wonderful for working-out, cleaning, etc.
Oh, wait, the 5th Dimension...I love Amazon, but only to clear-up my tip-of-the-tongue-ness
congrats on growing bigger boobs :)
to celebrate, perhaps you should buy some new camis-- this will solve the cleavage and lower gut issues in one-- the layered look works wonders. oh, and eat a few skittles!
i've decided to try and be more healthy too. but we need to remember that boys like girls to be voluptuous way better than being scrawny!
Christine - this does not surprise me, as I saw lived through your college mp3 playlist.
Whinger - I know the song well. Perhaps I should instead choose Bloodhound Gang's version of "The Roof is on Fire," cause that's as good a reason as any to get running...
Al - I would expect this suggestion from you, however when I think of Rusted Root, I prefer to dance around under the influence of something other than endorphens.
Janie - I am ALLL about the camis. they are my friend, though are often not cut high enough to hide my fantastic cleavage from my students.
Beedoo - You scare ME with phrases like "only four miles."
Post a Comment
<< Home