Monday, March 27, 2006

How I Eat

  • I mostly just like the crunchy sugary outsides of jelly beans. I gently bite around until it all falls out and then throw away the jelly insides.
  • I swish Jell-O around in my mouth until it is liquid, then swallow.
  • When eating a bowl (or entire bag) of popcorn, I pick through and eat all of the white pieces first. Then I go for the yellow, buttery pieces so that I will have the taste of them in my mouth last. Sometimes I'm full before I finish the yellow ones, but I eat them anyway because, goshdarnit, I ate them in that order for a reason!
  • I also eat the partially popped kernels.
  • And suck the salt from the unpopped kernels.
  • I eat with my fork in my left hand and my knife in my right hand, so when I eat mashed potatoes, I butter them onto my meat.
  • A bowl of cereal is actually 3 bowls of cereal, as I always put waaay too much milk in the first bowlful. Instead of drinking it or dumping it, I just keep adding more cereal until it's gone.
  • We have two Campbell's Soup mugs -- a tomato soup one and a pea soup one. I can only use them for their designated soups. I get upset if the one I need is unavailable because someone else took it. In that case, I can only use a plain white mug for my soup.
  • I always string my string cheese.
  • Oreos: Only Double Stuf. Remove one chocolate cookie. Discard. Break remaining cookie with cream in half. Sandwich together to create new, Quadruple Stuf Oreo. Dunk.
  • When I eat macaroni and cheese (specifically Kraft white cheddar), I put one noodle on each tine of my fork.
  • Goldfish crackers must be bitten in half lengthwise, so as to create two complete half-fish (if it is possible to have something be half and complete).
  • I pick around the purple Skittles. Erm, I mean, my students don't like the purple ones, and so they ask me to leave those in the container.

9 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Way to outline the craziness ;)

Love ya!

11:05 AM  
Blogger claire said...

wow. I'm going to make sure I never make this list for myself so that i never know exactly how nutty i can be.

I totally agree with the cereal thing and am the opposite with the jelly beans - i only like the middle...

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm slightly nauseous.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

thought #1: how neurotic!
thought #2: doh! i'm the same! :)
especially with the popcorn. oh, but i'm not a fan of jello. (thanks to gross stories from my home-ec teacher. but i will spare you jello lovers.)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Christine - You know I am nothing if not proud of my quirks.

Claire - I will save my jellybean insides for you instead of throwing them away. We can be like Jack Sprat and his wife!

Al - exactly which part nauseates you? You're the one who... um... yeah I can't think of any weird food things about you.

Janie - I know all about Jell-O. I draw the line at black and white pudding.

5:10 PM  
Blogger claire said...

why? what's in black and white pudding??

I don't think i even know what that is...

3:00 PM  
Blogger anika said...

Jessica, I NEVER THOUGHT of the ingenious Oreo idea! You are brilliant.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Claire - Look here for the info on black pudding. Blech!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

ew, ew, EWWWW!! i honestly gagged when i started reading about black pudding. why, why do you put me through these things?! ;)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home