Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Just Okay... And Hungry for More? Huh?

Do guys know when they have been on a date that was Just Okay? Are they totally oblivious to the lack of spark? Or are they totally conscious of the lack of spark, but figure if they can push through to the third date, they at least have a chance of getting laid?

Seems that no matter how Blah I think a date was, the guy never picks up on my lack of enthusiasm. Maybe it's my fault? Maybe I don't act unenthusiastic enough? But I mean, a guy takes me out for dinner, I can't be rude. Especially if he was nice and meant well and didn't do anything really wrong except for be too short or say "liberry" (*shudder*).

And that's the problem with nice guys who don't do anything really really wrong. I feel incredibly guilty declining when they ask me out on a second date. At times, I even allow them third dates. And fourth dates. And... yeah... sometimes I let them keep calling me for months, all along pretending as if, although I don't want to date you right now, Mr. Nice Guy, I might some day, so go ahead and keep calling! I'll answer and pretend as if we are the best of friends! It's only a matter of time before I fall head over heals for you! (And as a side note... I don't get it... Isn't my head always over my heals? Unless, of course, I am hanging upside down on monkey bars...)

And now... a second Lingering Datee. Just Okay guy? Asked me to go see a comdey show with him. And I couldn't say no.

I'll let you know what the best part of the date is: the comedian, or the joke called My Love Life.

5 Comments:

Blogger claire said...

UUUGGGHHH!!! "Liberry" makes me cringe.
He would deserve to be dumped.

That and if he said "supposebly" and meant it seriously. (you know, not quoting that Friends episode...cause then it would be ok).

10:23 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

I was going to jump on you for hating on the short guys, until you mentioned the "liberry." Now, I say, peace out Mr. Just Okay.

Some day soon you'll find someone to sweep you off of your feet and put you head over heels in love. AND all that corny stuff.

Even though, I'm still planning on marrying you, so don't get too serious on me ;)

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giant sigh.

There's got to be a cutoff at some point, and that point should generally be the third date. As if it's ALREADY blah? It's not going to get better. Every guy deserves a second (and possibly third) chance, but beyond that, it borders on cruelty to let them think they have a chance.

As I sense you're about as nonconfrontational as I was, I suggest the no calling policy, and if they call, tell them you've been "really busy" lately. We all know what that code means, and if they DON'T know, well...they're too far out of the loop to consider.

I know this sounds harsh. That's because it is.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

jess, jess, jess. you are exceeeeeedingly kind and generous for giving him another chance. if you have troubles getting rid of hanger-on-ers, just talk to anika, she's great with that kind of advice (in a really good way!).

3:15 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

claire (and christine) - okay... well he didn't actually say liberry... I was just referencing a past post... but that would have been a definite deal breaker.

christine - sorry... I can't date someone shorter than me. or the same height as me. or only slightly taller than me so that I am taller than him when in my hot summer heals. and if he is about my height but not way fatter than me? then I feel oafy. if he is about my height and fatter than me? then he is not well proportioned. it's all a delicate balance, really.

whinger - i always tend to over-explain what exactly "too busy" means, so that it sounds legit... and so then they think I really was too busy...

janie - we shall discuss it over tea when I come visit!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home