In a Rut
Guys? How do you get out of a rut? And I’m talking about a serious still-not-finished-capstone-don’t-feel-like-going-to-work-still-living-with
-parents-while-almost-at-my-25th-birthday-and-still-without-a-good-
man-while-gaining-weight-by-the-minute rut. Combine all this with a first-year-of-teaching sinus infection that hasn’t gone away in months to achieve a real lack of motivation to fix any of these things despite their unpleasantness. It’s true that all of these things do or can have a resolution and end in sight, but that part is boring, so feel free to skip the rest if you want. In fact, I’ll make it in smaller font so you don’t feel compelled to read it.
- Capstone must be complete by May
- Only 4 months left until summer break
- Moving out this summer (I have been saying this every summer since college. This time I really mean it!)
- Could be looking harder for a man, as teaching in a school with women means I don’t have access to many men in a natural setting, and I’m not open to set-ups by colleagues. A woman I worked with last year convinced me to go on a date with her son. He was nice enough, but not for me. I didn’t know how to get out of it, so I didn’t return his phone calls and avoided her for the rest of the year.
- Yeah. We know there is lots I could be doing about the weight gain, and this does not include eating school lunches and sitting around watching TV all night. And let’s not talk about the 30+ personal trainer sessions that I have saved up since I started paying for them and not going in August.
- I probably should be on antibiotics, but I just can’t bring myself to fight with the bitchy receptionist over appointment times, use one of my 20-minute comp passes to get out of work early to make the appointment, and then sit in the waiting room for 45 minutes, and the exam room for 30 minutes, only to have the doctor come in, spend 90 seconds looking in my ears and up my nose, and tell me what I already know: You have a sinus infection and need antibiotics. I can diagnose myself even without the master’s degree, and you spent all that time and money on med school? Unfortunately, a BA doesn’t give me a little blue pad of prescription paper.


4 Comments:
Jess! go get anti-biotics! i did yesterday and it makes me happy to know that i'm on the road to recovery. haha.
I love that you didn't return his calls and avoided his mom. Sorry, but it's just a classic!
Living at home is much cheaper than on your own, so as long as your sanity can hold it, don't stress about it!
And finally, all sane boys prefer voluptuous girl to scrawny ones, so it's all good!
Capstone: Perhaps set reasonable time limits or goals to start working on it?
Moving Out: I have no suggestions as to get you moving on this, other than it's tough to date while living at home.
Man-looking: Match.com, my friend. If the dates aren't fun, at least the stories are.
After already putting in almost 50 hours this week already, I should be in bed but I had to get the frizz fix. If I had something big that wasn't due until May, I'd sit around and start on it sometime within a week when it was due. I tell myself I work better under pressure, but I'm just lazy. I get no summer break, but I am getting paid to eat free food here in sunny Florida. Technically I live with the old people too but considering I'm never home anymore it's not really a problem. All guys are assholes anyway, except me of course. Yeah, working out. I haven't done that since high school when I had a reason to. That and I think I need to get my knee, hand, and shoulder checked again before I try lifting or doing anything like that. Finally, screw antibiotics, bourbon cures everything. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
Don't worry, I might be posting again this weekend since I plan on not being sober since I think I get to go home next week!
I had a gym membership for 2 years a while back. I think i went there maybe 10 times - in the first 4 months. I could just never get used to the stairmaster in the front window. No one should have to look at the back of ME in the window on that machine. ugh..
Be careful with the infection - according to WebMD: Chronic sinusitis can lead to permanent changes in the mucous membranes that line the sinuses. As a result of these changes, you may become prone to having more sinus infections that may become more difficult to treat.
you don't want that. that's just unnecessary and gross.
Post a Comment
<< Home