Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Be Careful What You Wish For

As you've read, my job hasn't exactly been hard lately. I have had several student changes since I began my position as a behavioral teacher, and this ultimately left me with just 2 students for the past month. One has been absent 40% of the school year*, and the other is sick a lot, and so there were a few days when I had no students at all. Both of my observations this month were of me teaching one kid.

And so, as a joke, I sent an email to the Child Study Team,

Dear CST,

Please find more bad kids. I'm bored.

Your friendly neighbor,

Jessica

We all had a laugh, good times, enjoy it now, ho ho ho, let's antagonize random kids and see if they react violently enough for us to stick them in your class, hee hee, etc.

And so today, I get the following email from our school's learning consultant (with the subject: Bad, Bad Teacher):

Don't ever, ever, ever send another email like this again. J. is back. T. will be here probably tomorrow, and we're testing a 2nd grader who is in crisis right now. He's headed for your class.

And then there were five.


Five boys in one classroom who all can't stand to hear other people talk/make noises/breathe who all like to talk/make noises/breathe themselves makes for an interesting day.

The calm is over, Fellas, and now it's time for the storm.

*
This is a figure I was only able to calculate because in the elementary schools we celebrate the 100th day of school, and he's been absent 40. I'm not quite the genius you think I am...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what you get.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Maybe your fairy godmother took you seriously...

4:38 PM  
Blogger claire said...

woah.. do you get an aide for that many kids?

4:44 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yes, we are legally required to have a 3:1 ratio. So they can technically give me up to 6 kids. I hope they don't.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

egad! well, i'm sure you will do great. maybe buy shares in starbucks. soon!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home