Friday, February 03, 2006

No inspiration

Y'all... I just have nothing to blog about. I keep sitting down to write, thinking I can weave some mundane aspect of my life into something worthy of your perusal... but I'm just not feeling it. I have at least three drafts sitting on my Blogger Dashboard, which I don't want to bore you with.

*****

I heard the traffic guy say this morning, "Well, it's raining outside, and we all know that means trouble on the roads!"

Why? Why after billions of years of rain, and almost 100 years since the first Model T, can't people figure out how to drive in the rain without crashing into things? People with SUVs are the worst culprits, as they think they are invincible. People who drive blue Honda Civics are the best rain-drivers. For sure.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Fo' sure. definitely. I would say the same for maroonish ford escorts drivers, but we all know that this is a lie.

9:14 AM  
Blogger East of North said...

People who drive blue Honda Civics are the best rain-drivers. For sure.

I TOTALLY AGREE! XD

9:59 AM  
Blogger Janie said...

well, jess, out here the problem is that people don't know how to drive in the snow. but as for rain? pfff, no worries. (note: we had rain 29/31 days last month. totalling 284cm.) in fact, i'm surprised that native vancouverites haven't grown gills.

as for your posts... don't worry if it's not exhillerating. in fact, it's good to post something boring every so often to keep reader's expectations realistic!

have you started watching sex & the city yet?!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

oh, and just to clarify, i was NOT suggesting that any of your posts are less-than-enthralling!! :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger anika said...

Rain means no snow which means almost summer. Right? Right guys?

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the Americans: 284 cm= 9.31 feet. (I figured that one out on my own!)

And, Jess, I don't think that you could bore me...even if you tried really really hard. Not that that is saying too much, since I still find the story of how you learned the sound of the short "e" highly entertaining. But, either way, you have a captive audience...of at least one.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home