Oh Canada
This morning our local news anchor said that Canada's new prime minister, Stephen Harper, may improve Canada's relations with the United States because his ideology is similar to that of the Bush Administration. I definitely heard him say the beginning of the word "ideology" more like idiot than idea. I'm pretty sure it was a Freudian slip, but really, how appropriate...


7 Comments:
Damn, so Canada isn't a safe haven any more?
*ahem* Political Ani says ... um ... "What do you do with a drunken sailor, what do you do with a drunken sailor, what do you do with a drunken sailor early in the morrrrrrnin'"
heeeey! you be nice to your northern neighbours! ;)
it's so funny how everybody bashes political leaders... and yet the majority of people had to have voted for them!!
anyways, it's nice to be able to blog without borders. *mcd smiley*
al - I know, that's what I thought first, too. But at least all of my friends will now stop threatening to move to Canada whenever we get a Repub in office. I like my friends here, lousy politics and all!
Anika - You have several options: 1) Put him in the long boat till he's sober; 2) Keep him there and make 'im bale 'er; 3)Shave his belly with a rusty razor; and Put him in bed with the captain's daughter. Take your pick... while you still have the Right to Choose.
janie - you are absolutely correct. However, I never bash politicians if I am the one who voted for them! Unless, of course, they deserve it, which is a rarity in my choices ;o)
Damn, that was the most political I've ever been! Time to go watch something on the Food Network.
jess, i hope this doesn't mean you aren't going to grace us with your presence in the true north strong and free?!
janie - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! I'll be there!!
yay!! this is the most fan-tilly-tastic news!
Post a Comment
<< Home