Thursday, January 05, 2006

That Was Quick!

So as I was leaving work today, I saw that someone left me a message and I apparently didn't hear my cell phone ring over the sound of growling and yelling 7 year olds. AND, it was John, who was calling from the company Dell hired to replace my computer screen to tell me that my part was in. Hooray!

And I called him back when I got home, and he said, "Actually... I'm just pulling onto your street right now. I figured I'd stop by and see if maybe someone happened to be home*." Uncanny!

And so it turns out John is pretty cute and buff. I show him to my computer at the dining room table (since, you know... that's the catch-all for Stuff We're Not Using Right Now But Certainly Not Dinner) and as he is unscrewing my screen, I start a conversation. John is also quite pleasant. He makes jokes about what my dad's watching on TV (Star Trek) and we talk about my computer, and for a minute I fantasize that this is actually the beginning of a porn, except he is a computer repair guy and not a plumber. And then my dad coughs and I remember he's there and that's just nasty and the little thought bubble above my head pops. And it's almost as if John could see my bubble, because at that exact moment, he mentioned his fiancee**.

Ouch.

But anyway, at least my computer is fixed. I've done all sorts of important things, like checking everyone's blogs, making sure my bank account is not overdrawn, uploading photos of myself (since I am the only thing I seem to have around to have to take pictures of), and checked the latest products on silverjewelryclub.com. Then I thought about doing undesirable things, such as writing lesson plans.

I decided to blog instead.

* Alison said that if no one was home, his plan was to burglarize us.
**The part of the sentence that included the words "my fiancee" was actually code for "although I find you incredibly sexy and intelligent, I am unfortunately engaged, and am of such strong character that I cannot take you right now, despite my intense, animalistic desires. Plus your dad is sitting right there."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good think you got your laptop fixed - you've been missing out on all the awesome blog entries I've written! Oooo ... conveyor-belt sushi!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Jess, who needs to teach the future of America? I think you should quit your job and start teaching women how to understand "guy speak". Who knew that's what "my fiancee" meant. Or you could at least make some flash cards!

Glad your computer is fixed!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Janie said...

yay! i'm glad you decided to blog! one of these days i should follow your lead.

i must commend you for your excellent (i.e., accurate) interpretation of john's code. kudos.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Dino - I know your sense of humor, but not everyone does... they were probably tricked into clicking on the link for your crap blog that nevergetsupdated and are now making fun of you. Way to go.

Meg - I think you are right. And while we are on it, "what should we have for dinner tonight?" is actually code for "will you marry me?" So get planning, girl!

Janie - Thank you for the kudos. I have studied long and hard (hehe... long... hard...) to achieve such fluency.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home