Monday, December 19, 2005

Untitled... because I'm not feeling creative.

Today, one of my students gave all of the other students (you know... all 4 of them) the finger while being removed from the classroom (which involves being held by one person under the arms, and another person holding the legs, and being taken to a padded room in which there are no desks to flip and the walls are soft enough to bang your head against without inflicting serious injury - it sounds creepier and more mental-institution than it actually is). I found it kind of surprising that with everything these kids see while being in a class with other "behaviorally disabled" students, someone giving them the finger is what shocked them into gape-mouthed silence. I almost wish I could teach entire lessons while flipping them the bird.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Do I know you? Do you have something to say about my post? Or are you simply posting to get more traffic to your blog? Because, I'm not sure, but I don't think many of my readers are fluent in German.

6:36 AM  
Blogger anika said...

Janie's practically fluent in German. But I don't think she wants anyone to know.

I remember the days when the middle finger was so scandalous. In one class there was a reading assignment and it said 'fingering the lettuce' on it. Did we ever snicker!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, you should get permission to randomly commit social fouls, like giving the finger and farting, in order to get their attention. Hey, whatever works, right?

3:31 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

yes, *ahem* my german classes are coming along quite well... movingrightalong... sometimes i think it would be a good investment to make a padded room in my home.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home