The Tortoise and the Hair
Despite the fact that my new job is making me even more girly and high-maintenence than ever (hi- acrylic nails?), I seem to be a bit slow (like a tortoise- the only connection to my title- heh) on the upkeep when it comes to my hair. Here is the evidence (the rest of the picture was too horrid for me to post):

Note the nasty frizziness, ratty ends, layers-in-shambles, dull color, and over-gelling in an attempt to mask the frizziness and ratty ends.
And so it was time. I called, scheduled the cut, and decided to go for a chocolately brown with some caramel highlights. In short, because we all know I have food issues, I wanted my head to look like a dessert.
Here is the result:
* Image deleted. Boo :o(
(and in my room, because that's where I take most of my pictures of myself, where no one can see how vein I am, just snapping pictures and blogging about myself all the time)
I have to say, I'm a fan. The hairdresser gave me exactly what I asked for, but somehow the color turned out differently than I had pictured. Next time I think I will bring a photo of someone famous who has the hair I want.
Or.
OR!!!
I'll post a bunch of pictures of different celebrities and have YOU guys pick the style for me! And I'll have to do it becauseyouvotedandthat'sfinal.
But I'm not scheduled for another 8 weeks, so maybe you'll forget about that by then.

Note the nasty frizziness, ratty ends, layers-in-shambles, dull color, and over-gelling in an attempt to mask the frizziness and ratty ends.
And so it was time. I called, scheduled the cut, and decided to go for a chocolately brown with some caramel highlights. In short, because we all know I have food issues, I wanted my head to look like a dessert.
Here is the result:
* Image deleted. Boo :o(
(and in my room, because that's where I take most of my pictures of myself, where no one can see how vein I am, just snapping pictures and blogging about myself all the time)
I have to say, I'm a fan. The hairdresser gave me exactly what I asked for, but somehow the color turned out differently than I had pictured. Next time I think I will bring a photo of someone famous who has the hair I want.
Or.
OR!!!
I'll post a bunch of pictures of different celebrities and have YOU guys pick the style for me! And I'll have to do it becauseyouvotedandthat'sfinal.
But I'm not scheduled for another 8 weeks, so maybe you'll forget about that by then.


8 Comments:
Your hair looks scrumptious! ;o)
looks fab! were you maybe looking for more contrast in the hair color? because then you would just need to put in some low lights, and voila! And I, for one, am always a fan of your hair. But then again you have yet to see my sheep shorn hair.
(and on the food and vane theme, "I had a dream, there were clouds in my coffee"
I like ... though you shot down my suggestion for next time last night!
Girl, what in the dickens is wrong with you?! Your hair looks so amazing in ALL the pictures. I'm so envious! My hair is for REAL frizzy and fugly.
But I will still vote because who doesn't like voting???
i don't think anika should be allowed to vote, she might think we are electing a new PM. juuuust joking.
jess, i absolutely LOVE your hair! it's fabulous. (i must confess i thought it was looking great in the 'before' pic too though!). anyways, tis the season to get gussied up!
You go baby, you still fly.
Janie I heard that. And IknowyouarebutwhatamI.
Well, just to go against everyone so that your head doesn't get toooo big, I hate it!
Post a Comment
<< Home