My Mug is Half Full
It has come to my attention (because what better to notice than myself?) that, when drinking my cup of coffee each morning (instant, because though we are not too lazy to make real coffee each morning, we are too lazy to clean the coffee pot each night), when clean, I MUST take the mugs in a certain order.
- Winnie-the-Pooh comes first. Sometimes I go to take the number two mug, and Pooh is behind it. I put 2 back and take Pooh.
- The Hershey one that I got for my mom during my 8th grade trip to Hershey Park. She wanted there to be Kisses inside, but there weren't... I don't think the mug excited her much.
- Cafe DuMonde, which my parents got when they visited New Orleans for their 20th wedding anniversary.
If all of these are dirty (which is unusual because I only use one per day and probably the dishwasher has been run before that, but maybe my mom took one of the above mugs-- the Hershey or Cafe DuMonde, but never Pooh), I will use:
- "Teachers always say..." which is a black mug with teachery sayings all over it, like, "We never guess... we look it up!" and "All right, line up single file!" (I never used this one until this year, because before that it didn't apply to me, and I can't use a mug that doesn't apply to me, such a "#1 Dad" or "My son is in the U.S. Air Force" or "I'd rather be having a beer".)
After that, I will only use the plain white guest mugs (guest mugs, not because they are fancy, but because they are plain and match our dishes and are therefore suitable to give people who don't live here).
Yeah, so I think I can add "I use my mugs in a certain order" to my list of quirks...


6 Comments:
I always grab one of your plain mugs to drink out. Even when it's not coffee or something that one usually uses a mug for, like water, or iced tea. So there is a quirk for you. I prefer to drink out of mugs for everything. I think it's the handle.
i didn't even know that hershey was a place-- this is fantastic! i also use my dishes in a certain order, usually based on which has the least amount of damage. and i have four tiers of underwear (within these tiers, they must match the clothes that i'm wearing though). i wonder if mugs and panties have hurt feelings...?
Janie, come visit! bring Anika and Jacob and we will go to Hershey Park and eat loads of chocolate and ride rollercoasters till we get sick!
http://www.hersheypa.com
How many mugs does it take to make a cup of tea???
None, because you would need a cup!
Sorry about that :-)
Quirks are cute, though, so rest assured that this falls on the mild end of the quirky scale. :)
I like your blog, btw.
Oh, Hershey is a place alright... a town AND an amusement park! And you can hug a Peanut Butter Cup! What could be better?
P.S. Today's mug just happens to be Hershey. :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home