Sunday, November 20, 2005

It's one of those days...

... When I am feeling emotional. I don't know why, either. And I cried at the end of School of Rock, which I have seen roughly 800 times and has never made me cry before. I'm not even premenstrual. Weird.

In other news, I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on Friday. It was really, really good. I haven't read the book since it first came out, which I am glad about because I was able to appreciate the movie as the movie, and not as a video replica of the book (which would have been virtually impossible, as the book is like 800 pages and the movie was "only" 2 and 1/2 hours long). There are, of course, a few things I would change (which don't give anything away if you haven't read the book or seen the movie).
  • I would have liked to see more character development of the other competators. Because I didn't know anything about their personalities, I didn't really care if they won or not... I mean, you want Harry to win because he's Harry Potter, but if he doesn't, it's still okay.
  • The other schools show up at Hogwarts before Dumbledore announces the tournament. Which is weird and could have been easily changed.
  • Some things aren't really explained adequitely... Like, I knew what was going on because I did read the book, even if it was a long time ago. But other people would have probably been kind of confused.

But overall, it was one of the better HP movies, and of course I was glad to have seen it with Alison (who I will give a shout out to, even if she doesn't read my blog...) because she is a huge HP fan. And I still want to see it again on an IMAX screen, because the flying scenes are probably kickass... Which almost makes me want to cry...

3 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I'm not going to comment here... because it would take way too long. However I will blog about my HP experience... and I will go ahead and say I do disagree with you. ::gasp:: Do we disagree? Is that possible? I'm afraid so... and you'll have to read my blog to find out why. ;o)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Jess, I'm sorry you're emotional. if it makes you feel better, I wasn't having the hottest Sunday either. HUGE headache and my boyfriend's friends over = lots of smoke, which meant an eventual migraine, and skipping the dinner that I prepared...and going to bed crying. I'm so much fun.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Janie said...

ME TOO!! seriously, i just posted about crying today b/c i feel overwhelmingly emotional for no good reason! weird.

well, i wish you laughter and peace!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home