Anika Stole My Title*
Because I actually have been referred to as quirky before (in the form of: "You remind me of my ex girlfriend... all quirky and stuff," said by a guy I was dating) I thought I'd go ahead and do this thing even though I wasn't tagged.
* Quirky Quirkerson
- I can't buy the product that I looked at in the store. I have to look at/examine one, and then take one from the waaaaay back of the shelf with a perfect box to add to my cart. Same goes for makeup, 'cause ew, think of all the lipsticks you've rubbed all over the back of your hand to test the color...
- Okay, I rub lipsticks on the back of my hand to test the color.
- Warehouse stores like Home Depot and Lowe's put me in a really bad mood. I walk through the door and feel like punching people. It's like magic!
- I have to let cheese puffs/balls and Jell-O dissolve in my mouth before I can "chew" and swallow them.
- I love pretzels and orange juice together.
- I always ask for butter in the middle of my bucket of popcorn at the movies, as well as on top.
- When I bring my empty dinner plate into the kitchen, no matter how stuffed I am, I have to take one last bite out of the pot/dish/whatever.
- As you can see, I talk a lot about food (and eat equally as much).
- I buy plants knowing full well that I have No Green Thumb Whatsoever, and so they all die.
- I can only fall asleep on my stomach, hugging something (at home, it's my old teddybear, but when I'm out it can be a rolled up sweatshirt or pillow) in my right arm and holding something in my left hand (at home it's a tiny stuffed Pooh- elsewhere it's usually just a part of the blanket, bunched up).
- I dance and sing in the car like no one's business. Once my friend's boyfriend was driving next to me for a whole mile (that's 1.609344 kilometers for the Canadians), honking and trying to get my attention, and he said I was too busy gettin jiggy wit it to notice.
- I look things up to satisfy my internal monologue all day long. I wonder if the hangers I ordered on Home Shopping Network have been shipped yet? Oh! They have! Where was the last daparture scan? Oh, I just wrote "mile," but I think Canadians use the metric system like the rest of the world... I wonder how many kilometers are in a mile? I wonder if anyone sent me an email? How about this email address? And this one?
- I make up words for things, and then take great pride when I hear someone else use them. Examples: In college, the pile of clothes surrounding my bed was referred to as my "moat." I call people's pubic hair their "pet." When it is au natural, or just in need of a good trim, it is An Unruly Pet.
* Quirky Quirkerson


5 Comments:
well, i don't have any to add, but i think we are practically twins-- the shopping techniques, food stuffs, sleep position nazi, etc. except for your last quirk-- that definitely gave me ITCHY EARS! :)
Oh, oh, oh... I have one! You refuse to like something (even if you really do) if someone tells you that you would like it. Did that make sense?
jess, please don't hate me for liking happily-ever-after movies!
That is Janie's comment to my last post, because she hates Shawshank Redemption... but that made me remember another of my quirks:
I only like happy-ever-after movies. I don't even like Bambi, because his mom doesn't come back to life.
See Janie? Andy and Red reunite at the end!! Happily-Ever-After! Especially after all Andy has been through.
And speaking of Happily Ever After... that's another of my favorite movies. And it is Janie-safe, I'm sure!
Damn, I was going to mention that one... but I didn't know if it was a quirk or not. I guess it is.
Nice internal monologue... sounds vaugely familiar.
Post a Comment
<< Home