He Wasn't So Heavenly
(Beacuse I'm sure you were all on the edges of your international seats after that Dreary Mood post.)
So.
HK was mad sweet at first. He said nice things, seemed kinda charming, made me laugh occasionally (like it's hard). He was cute too- in an almost grown up frat guy kinda way. And he sent me a text message every morning telling me to have a nice day at work.
Anyway, to make a long story short, he suddenly went completely broke (and no, I didn't make him that way) and never asked me out anymore and stopped sending me texts "to save money." I am not a gold digger, so I was like, Whatev- you're having a hard time- I'll buy dinner tonight- it'sonlyfairanyway because you paid the last few times.
And so then he really stopped calling, and only would ever IM me, and would complain about how bored he was and I'd be like, "Well if you want to hang out, give me a call." And he wouldn't ever call. Instead, he'd send me another IM in a couple hours about how bored he was again.
So I confronted, because I read He's Just Not That Into You, and that book says it doesn't matter what else is going on in a guy's life, that if he is really into you, he will do what he can to get you and don't make excuses for him. Basically, he said he does like me, which is why he kept IMing me (because I was like, wtf, if you don't like me, why do you keep IMing me? Just let it go if you don't), but that he's "not himself lately" and doesn't know why.
And how can I know the person I'm dating if he doesn't even know himself?
Admittedly, I was bummed... and it is kind of a disappointment, because it's rare that I date a guy and actually feel like it might go somewhere. But I'm cool now. My Independant Woman-ness took over. Throw your hands up at me.
And anyway. I have a date with someone else tomorrow :o)
So.
HK was mad sweet at first. He said nice things, seemed kinda charming, made me laugh occasionally (like it's hard). He was cute too- in an almost grown up frat guy kinda way. And he sent me a text message every morning telling me to have a nice day at work.
Anyway, to make a long story short, he suddenly went completely broke (and no, I didn't make him that way) and never asked me out anymore and stopped sending me texts "to save money." I am not a gold digger, so I was like, Whatev- you're having a hard time- I'll buy dinner tonight- it'sonlyfairanyway because you paid the last few times.
And so then he really stopped calling, and only would ever IM me, and would complain about how bored he was and I'd be like, "Well if you want to hang out, give me a call." And he wouldn't ever call. Instead, he'd send me another IM in a couple hours about how bored he was again.
So I confronted, because I read He's Just Not That Into You, and that book says it doesn't matter what else is going on in a guy's life, that if he is really into you, he will do what he can to get you and don't make excuses for him. Basically, he said he does like me, which is why he kept IMing me (because I was like, wtf, if you don't like me, why do you keep IMing me? Just let it go if you don't), but that he's "not himself lately" and doesn't know why.
And how can I know the person I'm dating if he doesn't even know himself?
Admittedly, I was bummed... and it is kind of a disappointment, because it's rare that I date a guy and actually feel like it might go somewhere. But I'm cool now. My Independant Woman-ness took over. Throw your hands up at me.
And anyway. I have a date with someone else tomorrow :o)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home