Friday, December 09, 2005

Another wacked out thing about me...

I am allergic to lots.

Like seriously. Remember how on that show The Wonder Years, Paul (who everyone later said grew up to be Marilyn Manson, but I have my doubts about that) was allergic to everything? Okay, well maybe you didn't watch that show with the great attention to detail that I did. But Paul had some issues when it came to eating. Apperently his allergy issues helped him stay skinny (which I am just assuming because it's a TV show and in actuality, he probably could eat whateverhewanted, the jerk). My allergies are not so kind. I am allergic to the following, only in their raw forms (but not in their cooked/canned/processed forms):
  • Carrots
  • Apples
  • Cherries
  • Peaches
  • Pears
  • Plums
  • Anyother tree fruit except citrus (which make my lips burn when I eat them anyway because of my allergy to:)
  • Pollen
  • Ragweed
  • Dust (which all cause me to be a creepy mouth-breather)(all which have nothing to do with my newly acquired allergy to:)
  • Soy (but only in some forms... Soy sauce? Sure! Protein bars and shakes? Not so much.)(which is kind of, but not really related to the allergy I just discovered the other day, which is:)
  • Macademia nuts (I was having some Harry & David Moose Munch- the White Chocolate Macademia Nut kind- and having no problems, and then crunched down on a nut, and immediately got all itchy in my mouth, throat, and ears.)
  • Oh and how about my skin allergies to everythingscentedunderthesun?

So when I complain about my snacking habits being the cause of my inability to lose weight (among other exuses), and people tell me, "Why don't you snack on something healthy instead, like carrots or celery?" Yeah, no. But thanks for the suggestions. And I don't know why the sudden hostility, because really, I'm not upset about it.

:oD See? Big smile.

On the topic of food... What is your favorite holiday treat? Like the one that when the holidays are coming you think "YES! I can't wait until Blanky Blankerson makes her famous Blankety Blanks!" Just curious...

8 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

My mom's pizza. Which is neither traditional (for those outside my fam), or limited to the winter holidays, but it's always a guarantee for Xmas Eve (which in true guinea form, is all seafood or veg. No meats allowed). And it's delicious!

Although I may break down (up?) to your house for latkes. Love me some fried potatoes.

So really the theme of this comment is my love for starches.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite holiday treat is ... egg nog! I fucking love that stuff.

10:15 PM  
Blogger anika said...

hi I changed my blog address:
http://notskywalker.blogspot.com

Juuuuust to let you know!

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nut tossies. Not even sure that I spelled it corrently, not that it matters since most of you haven't had the pleasure of enjoying them. So sad.


Oh, and, are you, like, about to die allergic to these foods? I am allergic to eggplant, but, since it isn't an about to die allergy, I still eat them. Same with my Mom and sister who are allergic to bananas but still eat them.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

The more you eat a food you are allergic to, the worse your allergy gets. So, although now, if I have a bad reaction, Benadryl works for me... it will probably stop some day. Yeah... gotta make that appointment with the allergist and get an EpiPen... And I forgot to mention my allergy to chemicals. Specifically Resolve Carpet Spray stuff...

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about food allergies. Most other allergies, you can build up a resistance to them by being around them more. I should probably chill with the eggplant, then, no?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Ah Jess... your list of allergies does not impress me. It used to... before I lived you. And then, by some freak occurence I developed an allergy to pretty much everything you're allergic to. Does this mean that I should stay away from the macademia nuts?

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wanted the complete list. Everytime I go to a party with food I think ... Jess probably can't eat this - I hope she brings something. Now I know! And since you asked my mom only makes homemade waffles once/yr - xmas morning.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home