Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Complaints

I cannot stand when people say:
  • Supposebly
  • Liberry
  • Mondee, Tuesdee, Wednesdee, etc.
As in, "Supposebly, we are going to the liberry on Tuesdee." *shudder*

*****

There have been several days when I have gone to work, and none of my students have shown up. That's right. There have been days when I have no class. To some, it may seem like a vacation-- especially when you consider the fact that I work with behavioral kids and having just two of them can sometimes be worse than teaching a class of 30 regular ed kids-- but man, I get bored. I'm kind of tired of looking at the same faces every day, and being observed is quite awkward when it's just you, one student, and the principal who is all up in yo' grill, writing down everything you say. I sent an email to the Child Study Team last week asking them to find more bad kids. I'm sure they wouldn't have to look hard.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the supposebly / liberry thing.

One of my pet-peeves is using the word "seen" incorrectly. Why do some people have so much trouble with this word?? For example: "I seen him the other day".
Is the word "SAW" to complicated?? It's only 3 little letters! Grrr...

Makes me nutso. Thought i would share... :)

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh a certain male that we know says "Anyways" and there is little keeping me from choking him when he says it. Oh, AND he chews with his mouth open and really loudly.

I wish that I had children, because they, no doubt, will be devil spawn, and I would send them to be taught by Aunt Jess.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please add "realtor," pronounced with three syllables: real-a-tor.

Where is the middle A? Show me!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

and let's not forget SAD... or "valentiMe's day"

i can't stand being evaluated, jess. whenever i turn in a report to my boss, i tell him to stop looking at it if he tries to glance over it in front of me. i just don't like sitting there, not knowing what he's thinking!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Claire - I seen you don't have a blogger account, so I can't stalk my newest commenting reader...

Al - I think you mean "Mommy #2," not Aunt Jess...

Whinger - Ditto with jewel-er-y. It's jewel-ry, dammit!

Janie - Don't get me started. Valentime's Day is a popular one in the elementary schools...

4:36 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

How about... ask pronounced, axe? As in, "I axed him the other day!" or "Hold on, let me axe her."

And I think I say jewel-er-y, but I have a tough time saying that word and jeweler. Same with realtor. And I say anyways. I just thought that was a slangy variant... I guess I was wrong. But I definitely do not chew with my mouth open. That drive me nuts!

5:47 PM  
Blogger anika said...

Gaaaaaaaaah I hate those too. *shudder*


Now I'm annoyed.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home