Teacher Blog
I know you guys haven't really noticed, based on this, this, this, and this, etc., but I try really hard not to just make this a blog about all my teacher stories. It seems that only teachers are amused by other teachers' stories, and sure, most non-teachers will feign amusement so that I don't feel like a social reject and try to tell more teacher stories (as in, "That wasn't funny enough for you? Well you gotta hear this one! This one will make you really laugh!"), but I doubt that most of you do anymore than a half-snort when reading my education adventures. But. Well I'm a teacher. I spend about 6 hours of my day with special ed kids who constantly amuse me, and I figure the least I can do is share my amusement for the teachery few who may stumble upon my blog.
And really, it is my blog.
But I will do the rest of you this favor: I will try to keep the student stories down to a few lines (unless they are really funny (as in potentially funny to all) and really long) at the bottom of un-teacher-related-and-therefore-hilarious-to-all entries. That way, when you get to the bottom, and you see the little five-asteric divider, you can choose to read it and half-snort, or you can skip it altogether. Your choice. Let's try it out now, to see if it works.
*****
At the end of every day, I write a journal prompt on the board*, along with the first part of the answer, so the kids have something to go on. Today's prompt:
Do you think it is more difficult to be a teacher or a student? Explain.
SWNSS**'s answer:
I think it is more difficult to be a teacher because you have to teach a lot. And also you have to hold the students who is being bad.
Only in a behavioral class...
* My kids are special ed, and therefore not always quite creative enough to come up with their own ideas. But then, I'm not quite that creative either, and I get all of the prompts out of a book that lists journal ideas by date. Maybe I'm special ed too.
** FYI, SWNSS is also the one who left this on my arm.
And really, it is my blog.
But I will do the rest of you this favor: I will try to keep the student stories down to a few lines (unless they are really funny (as in potentially funny to all) and really long) at the bottom of un-teacher-related-and-therefore-hilarious-to-all entries. That way, when you get to the bottom, and you see the little five-asteric divider, you can choose to read it and half-snort, or you can skip it altogether. Your choice. Let's try it out now, to see if it works.
*****
At the end of every day, I write a journal prompt on the board*, along with the first part of the answer, so the kids have something to go on. Today's prompt:
Do you think it is more difficult to be a teacher or a student? Explain.
SWNSS**'s answer:
I think it is more difficult to be a teacher because you have to teach a lot. And also you have to hold the students who is being bad.
Only in a behavioral class...
* My kids are special ed, and therefore not always quite creative enough to come up with their own ideas. But then, I'm not quite that creative either, and I get all of the prompts out of a book that lists journal ideas by date. Maybe I'm special ed too.
** FYI, SWNSS is also the one who left this on my arm.


10 Comments:
"Regular" kids need a prompt as well. Otherwise they stretch their arms out across the desk, and say in a voice that could pierce eardrums, "But I don't know what to wriiiiiiiiiite."
Whinger - mine do that even with a prompt.
So I was going to write (because I miss you!):
"Jess, you've stopped holding me when I'm bad. And I've been bad."
But that sounded creepy even to me...so you get a weird extra long comment instead. That includes the creepiness anyway, because I do miss you.
Eh, i enjoy the teachery stories even though i'm not one. My mother & cousin are, so i've grown up on them i guess.
Your teacher stories tend to be especially interesting due to the specialness.
lol, maybe i'm special ed too. i like your teacher stories.
(christine, that's the best comment i've ever read!)
btw, jess, how are the anti-biotics working? are you all better yet?! your sick day sounded fun, maybe you should take another just to be on the safe side!
Christine - I like to hold you when you're good too!
Claire - I do feel that I have a special breed of teacher stories, and hope they don't rival Kathy Lee's annoying stories about Cody and Cassidy.
Janie - I'm only on day 2 of the antibiotics... I feel slightly better than yesterday, and way better than last Friday. I think I should take a couple months off to me safe! Maybe I'll wait until June though...
Hahahahaha I am babysitting and there is this random music program and this song with the line "Woman, take me in your arms, and rock me baby" I don't know...I was amused by it's appropriateness to Christine's comment.
Ok, that wasn't very grammatically correct...damn the Blogger people for not allowing me to edit comments that I have already written on other people's blogs!
well I do have to say I'm pretty offended by the Mississippi remark, glad to know what you really think about us.
Post a Comment
<< Home