Confessions
Tonight I discovered that the song Living for the City is actually a Stevie Wonder song, and not a Lindsay Lohan song written exclusively for the movie Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen*.
I'm not sure which is sadder: That I didn't know that it was a remake of a legendary musician's song, or that I found out by watching American Idol.
* I babysat two young girls this summer, and in an attempt to get them to listen to anything but Lou Bega over and over, oh god please anything!!!, I did a search of all the teenage Disney pop tarts, a'la Lindsay, Hillary, Raven, etc. and made a CD that I found bearable during car rides to Sesame Place.
I'm not sure which is sadder: That I didn't know that it was a remake of a legendary musician's song, or that I found out by watching American Idol.
* I babysat two young girls this summer, and in an attempt to get them to listen to anything but Lou Bega over and over, oh god please anything!!!, I did a search of all the teenage Disney pop tarts, a'la Lindsay, Hillary, Raven, etc. and made a CD that I found bearable during car rides to Sesame Place.


3 Comments:
I also did not know, but thought it a wonderful song.
Slinking away in SHAME.
who are you voting for, jess? ;)
Whinger - Embracing the shame together is so much easier than enduring it apart. No need to slink away here...
Janie - My personal top 4 (in no particular order): Mandisa, Paris, Chris, Katherine. My prediction: Chris. You???
Post a Comment
<< Home