Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Maturity of Almost 25

I took my Little Sister to Red Lobster today (her favorite fine dining establishment), and while we sat waiting for our table, she popped up from the bench to open the door for an old woman with a walker who she saw coming around the corner through the windows in the breezeway. Sweet, right?

About 20 minutes into our meal while we were eating our salads, she was telling me about a McDonald's salad she ate that had really big lettuce.

"I felt like I was munching on a bush," she said.

Surely I've never jumped out of my seat to open a door for anyone (as we all know I rarely notice or think about anyone but myself), but I sure did have to stifle a major chuckle at that statement.

Kinda makes you wonder who is mentoring whom.

*****

Since last summer when my dad put the huge mirror from the remodled bathroom in the back yard, you can look back there at any given time of day and see a cardinal either fighting with his reflection or perched in the plum tree guarding his territory. We go back and forth between being amused and feeling sorry for him.

Yesterday when I looked out, I noticed a female cardinal in the plum tree. Looks like Cardi's got a baby mama!

I've decided that it's hard to feel sorry for him anymore, as he is clearly getting more lovin' than me.

Now I will just continue my evil laugh when I see him attempting to peck at his own reflection and be glad that it isn't my eyes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Aww your lil sis is so so cute!

Even if she did feel like she was munching on a bush.

10:14 AM  
Blogger claire said...

because if he knew you were laughing at him, he would certainly go for your eyes next. Poor helpless creature and there you are laughing at him.

So sad.


Maybe now you'll make fun of him elementary school-style for having a girlfriend, eh?

:)

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, your little sister.

Adorable.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha oh, and did you manage to convince her that she shouldn't order the most expensive thing on the menu? I mean, really, it's not like she is even going to put out.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home