Friday, April 14, 2006

Don't try to blog after exercise.

Remember when I asked for your suggestions for my Workout Mix? Yeah, well there's kind of a problem.

For the last few nights, I've been walking. Yes, I mean the type of speedy walking that makes a girl look like she has a perpetual wedgie. And you know what? It's dark out, so that's not even really the problem. I don't actually have a wedgie.

The problem is, that with all the phat beats everyone recommended, along with my own dope selections, I have the overwhelming urge to African dance* down the sidewalk. In and of itself, African dance is certainly not a problem. But when I try to do it while walking down a bumpy sidewalk where the squares don't meet because they are being pushed up by aged tree roots? Let's just say there is trippage and I should stick to the Wedgie Walk. And I don't think I'm alone.

Which brings me to a not entirely related, but somewhat... adjacent (?) topic.

Why is it that people feel the urge to African dance when they hear good music, but no one ever feels the urge to do the Hora* when they are feeling an endorphen rush? I know I certainly don't.

And by the by- Check out this funny ad I found while Google Image-ing "Jewish dance." Don't ask me how the two are related. There's gotta be some a steroetype joke in there somewhere...

* Due to a spring full of tanning in a bed (couldn't match my white prom dress!) and a summer full of tanning by the pool, a newly acquired friend of mine thought I was biracial for the entire first semester of college. We have been joking about my biracialness ever since.
** This clip was runner up for the Hora spot.

4 Comments:

Blogger claire said...

I wish "Streaming Video and Radio" weren't blocked by my workplace internet patrol.

I'll have to check this when i get home because i'm awfully intrigued...

2:06 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I've been enjoying your blog for a bit and just wanted to say hi. I think I found it when I went looking for other Frizzes. If you don't mind I'm gonna use the Hora clip-very funny.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

HA! The visual I have of you walking down your block dancing (african style, no less) is great! I'm going to giggle all day.

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, the comment about the Hora makes me remember how you commented about how when people see something Jewish they think of you...and you wonder why? And, when you African Dance down the street, do you wear the African garb that the woman in the front row of the class is wearing? I think you do. Fo real

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home