Brain Stew
My district is cutting staff because they don't have enough money and it took me 2 years to find a teaching job-- that's one year of subbing and one year of paraprofessionaling-- and if I don't get hired back, I really really don't want to start looking for a job again. Today my kids' case manager from the Child Study Team told me that I write really really good PLAAFPs* and IEP* goals and that she was really impressed with them especially considering I'm a first year teacher and it's the first time I had to write them and I didn't even go to her to get help even once. I wish she could tell all that to my supervisor because like I said I dont want to lose my job and also I'm looking at an apartment tomorrow because hi, remember how I'm 25 and still sleep in a twin bed in my parents' house? Yeah. And so I'm trying to actually move out and this apartment is in the town I want to move to, plus it sounds cute from the description and the landlords are a young couple who just got married and the place has a dishwasher and an Instant-Hot tap, something that WifeLandlord and I had a little squeal about together as we both love the Instant-Hot because just when you thought you couldnt make oatmeal any quicker than adding some water and sticking it in the microwave for 2 minutes, you get to skip the whole microwave step and just pour in water right from the sink that is boiling!! And also I'd have my own parking spot and wouldn't need to parallel park, which those who know me will realize that this in itself is reason enough for me to pay twice the asking price. And so the thing is that in order to afford this apartment, I need to have a job next year, and I might not know if I have a job until May 15, and what if I go see the place tomorrow and love it and then someone else snatches the place up between now and when I find out??
AAAAHHHHHHH!!!**
* Teachery terms-- their actual document names are unimportant...
** This really requires an Anika-style "lkjdfljsaedfljaljf," but last time I used the randomly-slam-on-all-the-keys method she yelled at me because it is supposed to be a term of excitement and I used it as a term of there-are-no-actual-words-for-how-blah-this-week-was. Blogger's license?
AAAAHHHHHHH!!!**
* Teachery terms-- their actual document names are unimportant...
** This really requires an Anika-style "lkjdfljsaedfljaljf," but last time I used the randomly-slam-on-all-the-keys method she yelled at me because it is supposed to be a term of excitement and I used it as a term of there-are-no-actual-words-for-how-blah-this-week-was. Blogger's license?


4 Comments:
Yipes.
BUT, if it is any consolation, you are a wonderful teacher, and I am sure they realize that and your job is HARD, who else would they give it to if they got rid of you? Would they put the BD kids into classes with everyone?
tell us how the apartment looks as soon as you see it! when is it available? maybe you could ask the wifelandlord (who already loves you!) to hold it until you get a job confirmation (i'm sure you will!). good tennants can be hard to find, they just might do it!
please help yourself to 'kjeiovcx' to express excitement. it comes from a tricky (and VERY cool!) finger wiggle that we do when we can't contain our excitement. i will have to do a video clip and send it to you. haha
Aww, thanks Christine! I hope they see it that way!!!
Janie - I would LOVE to see that video! I do it just by pounding all over the place...
SO excited for you about moving out!
Eeeeee!
THAT excited.
Post a Comment
<< Home