A Good Time Had By All
Can I just tell you that I have the best friends ever? Because I do.
The picnic was a big hit. Not everyone enjoyed my culinary experimentation, but all in all, there was something for everyone, even if they didn't like all of it. We decided that we should make the picnic an annual thing, except next time I'm not bringing all the food. About 1/4 of the way from my car to the field, Alison and I had to call the boys to help us carry the coolers, because we just. couldn't. go. any. further. So much for going to a women's college and being empowered and independent. Sometimes you just need some boys to carry your heavy stuff.
After a few hours of perfect weather and yummy food and frisbee and hacky sack and talking and laughing, we all scattered for a few hours to relax a little and pick up food and beverages for the barbecue at Al's house. This also proved to be a huge success. Turns out, it doesn't matter where we go-- all we need is each other, and fun will be had.
After finishing the very yummy vodka margarita that Alison made, I approached her with an empty cup and a pouty lip. She graciously made me another drink (the margaritas were all gone)... which was a combination of lime juice, club soda, and 100 PROOF SOUTHERN COMFORT!!!
I don't think I have had 100-proof liquor since my undergrad days, and it turns out there is a reason for that-- being that I much prefer my own pillow to the hard, cold, toilet seat.
Proud Moment of the Evening:
As I complained about the bright light shining from the exposed bulb on the floor lamp (Alison is not this ghetto- the lamp belongs to her roommate), I was instructed to get up and turn on the other lamp across the room.* I wobbled over to the lamp, turned the switch, and nothing happened. Click click. Click click. Clickclickclick. Nothing. So, as I am always ready for a good mystery, and looked around on the floor, to see if maybe it just wasn't plugged in. Even when drunk, I still have my wits about me, see? A-chem.
So on the floor, I see the unplugged end of an internet wire. And it comes to me.
"Hey Guys!! I know why the light isn't working!!!" Sherlock proudly holds up the wire. "The lamp plugs in to the D!! S!! L!!"
(Beat)
(Uproarious laughter)
(Reenactments ensue to show those who missed the whole thing what a fabulous detective I am.)
The picnic was a big hit. Not everyone enjoyed my culinary experimentation, but all in all, there was something for everyone, even if they didn't like all of it. We decided that we should make the picnic an annual thing, except next time I'm not bringing all the food. About 1/4 of the way from my car to the field, Alison and I had to call the boys to help us carry the coolers, because we just. couldn't. go. any. further. So much for going to a women's college and being empowered and independent. Sometimes you just need some boys to carry your heavy stuff.
After a few hours of perfect weather and yummy food and frisbee and hacky sack and talking and laughing, we all scattered for a few hours to relax a little and pick up food and beverages for the barbecue at Al's house. This also proved to be a huge success. Turns out, it doesn't matter where we go-- all we need is each other, and fun will be had.
After finishing the very yummy vodka margarita that Alison made, I approached her with an empty cup and a pouty lip. She graciously made me another drink (the margaritas were all gone)... which was a combination of lime juice, club soda, and 100 PROOF SOUTHERN COMFORT!!!
I don't think I have had 100-proof liquor since my undergrad days, and it turns out there is a reason for that-- being that I much prefer my own pillow to the hard, cold, toilet seat.
Proud Moment of the Evening:
As I complained about the bright light shining from the exposed bulb on the floor lamp (Alison is not this ghetto- the lamp belongs to her roommate), I was instructed to get up and turn on the other lamp across the room.* I wobbled over to the lamp, turned the switch, and nothing happened. Click click. Click click. Clickclickclick. Nothing. So, as I am always ready for a good mystery, and looked around on the floor, to see if maybe it just wasn't plugged in. Even when drunk, I still have my wits about me, see? A-chem.
So on the floor, I see the unplugged end of an internet wire. And it comes to me.
"Hey Guys!! I know why the light isn't working!!!" Sherlock proudly holds up the wire. "The lamp plugs in to the D!! S!! L!!"
(Beat)
(Uproarious laughter)
(Reenactments ensue to show those who missed the whole thing what a fabulous detective I am.)


1 Comments:
Yes, a good time was had by all AND your food was delish! Same time, same place, next year. Except the 100 proof SoCo is not invited. (It makes you do things like throw a phonebook at your best roomie!)
Post a Comment
<< Home