Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Apples

More time past with nothing interesting to write about. This is getting redic. But for those of you bored at work, something boring to read is better than nothing... right guys? Right??

My apartment is officially a wreck. There are dirty dishes all over the kitchen, except for the inside of the dishwasher, where the dishes are clean. There is a pile of socks and various shoes under my desk, where apparently I get tired of having my feet bound. My brand new Gazelle has already taken on its alternate use of Extended Closet/Hamper. And no, I'm not still sick, but the dirty tissues are still piled up on my nightstand, multiplying germs.

Yes, I'm a dirtbag.

*****

Alex and I are looking at houses. We found one this weekend, and he made an offer, so we'll see. I really like the house and am way excited to live with him and actually be able to see him every day. And also, the built-in bar, as long as stocked, will come in very handy in my quest to become a post-work alcoholic.

*****

The State (dun dun duuuuuuuunnnn!!!!) is coming to monitor our school tomorrow, and everyone is going apeshit. I'm preparing, but as usual, "whatever," is my motto. I'd freak the fuck out if I did something wrong and got called on it, but who can worry about that before it happens?

*****

Kid-Bit

I love it when I hear my students use phrases that I know they learned (unintentionally) from me. Recent example:

While playing with Legos, Diego grabs a piece from GremlinKid.
Gremlin Kid: HEY! You snatched that!
Diego: Howdoya like THEM apples?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger claire said...

heehee.. them apples. incidently, my mom had a Diego a few years ago (1st grade) who was the devil re-incarnate. It's hard for me to look at that name and not cringe for her.

anywho - HOUSES? OOOH! Wow, Jessica, that's really exciting! I mean, you just kind of threw that in there all non-challant like, but that's a big step! BUYING a house? Wow, Jess. Keep us posted.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

WHERE is this house?!? because with a built in (and stocked!) bar you know that I may move in.

And also, if it has a link online, do email it to me, I love house stalking. Just this weekend I went to a couple of open houses while walking home. Hello, 1.75 million dollar home. Hi.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Janie said...

yikes, buying homes sounds very scary to me. but since my housekeeping skills (or lack thereof) leave much to be desired-- very happy to read your post, haha-- i wouldn't mind buying a house. because, of course, it will magically keep itself clean and get me out of my sty.

in any case, very exciting news.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home