Welcome the new year... Bond style!
At least, that's what we did.
This New Year's Eve was spent at the Continental Mid-Town in Philly with Christine and HerBoy, and if I do say so myself, it was an awesome time. Check out the evidence (aka sub-quality camera-phone taken picture):

Yes, friends, those are go-go girls you are seeing. Alex and Tony enjoyed them immensely, while Christine and I just felt that they weren't so cute in the face, and that the gold body paint didn't do them any favors. But whatev.
I'll tell you though, the very best part of my weekend was that I got to spend the whole thing with TheBoy. Usually, Alex only gets off on Thursdays and Sundays, which obviously does not match up with my schedule. Match that with the fact that on most nights he is working until 9:30, and my bedtime of Between 10 and 11, and we don't see each other all that much. This week, however, he was off his regular Sunday, PLUS today, and so we've pretty much been playing House since Saturday night. I found out that TheBoy makes a wicked good cheese omelette, and also that spending so much time with him makes it even harder to watch him go home.
Last Year's Resolutions:
This year:
This New Year's Eve was spent at the Continental Mid-Town in Philly with Christine and HerBoy, and if I do say so myself, it was an awesome time. Check out the evidence (aka sub-quality camera-phone taken picture):

Yes, friends, those are go-go girls you are seeing. Alex and Tony enjoyed them immensely, while Christine and I just felt that they weren't so cute in the face, and that the gold body paint didn't do them any favors. But whatev.
I'll tell you though, the very best part of my weekend was that I got to spend the whole thing with TheBoy. Usually, Alex only gets off on Thursdays and Sundays, which obviously does not match up with my schedule. Match that with the fact that on most nights he is working until 9:30, and my bedtime of Between 10 and 11, and we don't see each other all that much. This week, however, he was off his regular Sunday, PLUS today, and so we've pretty much been playing House since Saturday night. I found out that TheBoy makes a wicked good cheese omelette, and also that spending so much time with him makes it even harder to watch him go home.
Last Year's Resolutions:
- lose weight (or "get healthy," as some of you might pretend that is the real reason for eating better foods and exercising, and not the fact that you want your ass to look better in jeans)
- talk less about myself and listen more about others (in other words, I will always make sure to turn any comment made by any person into something about myself, and be sure to always respond to people with, "That reminds me of the time I..." and "Oh yeah, that happened to me once and..."
- do my capstone project by May so that I can really actually get my reallyreal pieceofpaper Master's degree
stop living with my parents (because, really, what is more attractive and admirable than a 25-year-old living with Mom and Dad?)like guys with whom I am compatible and who show an interest in me, and will not choose the ones who keep me guessing as to their feelings for me and I will not turn into Crazy Girl while trying to be aloof and pretend like I don't care
This year:
- The weight thing, as always was and as will probably always be
- Read at least 1 book per month
- Put more effort into my job (i.e. turn in my lesson plans on time, stick with those plans, stay around after the kids leave and prepare for the next day so I'm not running around like a headless chicken for 6 hours)
- Capstone


4 Comments:
Hee, that picture is hilarious. As was the night. So glad you guys came!
And best of luck with the new resolutions.
yay! sounds like a nice weekend. :)
and damn those resolutions. that pesky 'lose weight' one has been on my list for years and years and probably will be there for years to come.
dammit.
Sounds like so much fun!
And I think you should nix the losing weight resolution because, really, you've got the rest of your life to do that. Why start now? You're beautiful already anyways.
you deserve three snaps in zed formation *snap, snap, snap* Good Job! (ok, that works so much better in person...)
But i think you have conquered the most important one, b/c really, true love is a beautiful thing.
perhaps you could work on your four resolutions a bit extra-- for me too. (please change the last one to 'school' in general). lovely, thanks.
Post a Comment
<< Home