Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Want some cheese with that whine?

I'm whining and I know it, there are people with worse problems than mine and I know it, but this is my blog and if you don't like it, read the Straight & Shiney Chronicles. That's just how sassy I'm feeling right now.

Today's Reasons:
  • I am sick. Like sinus infection, sounding like Janice on Friends, waking up in puddles of drool and snot sick.
  • I was bitten by a student today.
  • Parent/Teacher conferences are this week.
  • I have work, plus afterschool program, plus class, plus evening conferences tomorrow, which means I will actually be in the building from 7am to 9pm.
  • I cut my finger on a broken Snapple bottle.
  • PMS.
  • I used a plate to cover my frozen Wegman's meatballs in the microwave, but they weren't cooking, and I attributed this to the fact that my Wegman's dishes are so earthen and sturdy that the heat of the micro-waves could not possibly penetrate them, and so I recovered the bowl with plastic wrap, which melted to the bowl.
  • My apartment is a gross and dirty mess, complete with overflowing trash, crusty dishes, piles of snotty tissues, loads and loads of need-to-be-washed clothes, and a ring in the toilet.
  • I have $34 in my checking account.
  • I miss Alex. I just saw him on Sunday. But still.
The Bright Side (so I don't alienate all of my reader...)
  • It's not scurvy.
  • I had on long sleeves, so there is no broken skin-- only bruises in the shape of teeth.
  • I only have 5 students.
  • I have a job... and an education?
  • The wound is small.
  • At least I can still have children...
  • The meatballs are fabulous. So is the Wegman's bolognese sauce and Wegman's shells I made them with. (A prize to anyone who can guess where I do my grocery shoppping.)
  • I have my own apartment.
  • Payday is Thursday, but direct deposit goes in tomorrow.
  • Alex will call tonight and cheer me up, because he always does.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, sister. And I am so avoiding that blasted ring in the toilet...

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home