Monday Monday...
So there wasn't quite the amount of drunken debauchery I had hoped for on Saturday night, but what I will say is 1/2 of a roast beef sandwich at noon was probably not the best way to go about the wine before dinner at 8pm. Good thing Alex has an entire family of drinkers.
Also? I didn't tell you this before, but last week, my debit card was declined for $4 (coffee and a bagel) because, yes, I had a negative balance and didn't even realize it. This caused great stress over the course of the entire weekend, and the stress meant that although Alex spent his entire Sunday with me, I hardly said 2 words to him. I do give him kudos, though, because when the shit finally hit the fan (in otherwords, when I finally broke down crying hysterically and cleaning fanatically) he made me feel way better. He helped me figure out a budget (something I probably should have done way back in the day) and even offered to help me pay off some of my credit cards, although I declined. He was so sweet that I even stopped being fake-angry at him for telling me that his favorite Jess is One-Glass-of-Wine-Jess. Because hell, even I like myself better after a glass of pinot noir.
Also? I didn't tell you this before, but last week, my debit card was declined for $4 (coffee and a bagel) because, yes, I had a negative balance and didn't even realize it. This caused great stress over the course of the entire weekend, and the stress meant that although Alex spent his entire Sunday with me, I hardly said 2 words to him. I do give him kudos, though, because when the shit finally hit the fan (in otherwords, when I finally broke down crying hysterically and cleaning fanatically) he made me feel way better. He helped me figure out a budget (something I probably should have done way back in the day) and even offered to help me pay off some of my credit cards, although I declined. He was so sweet that I even stopped being fake-angry at him for telling me that his favorite Jess is One-Glass-of-Wine-Jess. Because hell, even I like myself better after a glass of pinot noir.


2 Comments:
Ahem... sounds like my weekend. My debit card, too, was declined for a $19 purchase. When i checked my account there was exactly $0.00. Hooray. Credit cards? Yes! All maxed out - HOORAY.
I feel your pain. Luckily i get paid on Wednesday.
Yes.
All of it.
Yes.
And? You have an awesome boy.
Post a Comment
<< Home