- Wawa has a seasonal butternut squash soup. It is fan-freakin-tastic, and I'm having it for dinner right now.
- On Friday I moved into a new classroom. Perhaps you recall my mention of working in a closet? Well this room is the fucking penthouse suite of classrooms: bathroom, 2 sinks besides the one in the bathroom, water fountain, closet big enough to double as a Time Out room, a huuuuuge round window, and vaulted fucking ceilings!!!! Pictures to come soon, once I'm finished unpacking. I feel like Harry Potter, moving from the Closet Under the Stairs to Hogwarts. P.S. Only a teacher could get so excited about a classroom that she curses about it.
- I borrowed Season 1 of Lost from a coworker. I had always wanted to watch it but didn't start from the beginning, and it seemed like too complicated a show to just pick up and start watching. It is so freakin good, I am angry that I'm going to have to finish this season, borrow Season 2, and then wait for Season 3 to come out on DVD (prob this summer) before I can watch next year's Season 4. And also? If I were to get stuck on a deserted island, I'd hope that it was due to a plane crash and that there was a doctor and a Chinese lady on board. I'd have everything I need, and Between the perfect stitches and herbal remedies, I'd be all set!
- My Elementary Teacher Standard Certificate finally came! That makes me a real, really real teacher! Woot woot!
- I attempted to do my laundry in my complex's laundry room this weekend. I fit about 4 towels in the washer for $1.25, and the dryer was 25cents for 10 minutes. Hardly worth it. Guess I'll continue traveling to my parents' to get the laundry done. Oh well. Free laundry and dinner. Not such a bad thing.
- TheBoy keeps marvelling at how easy it is to make me laugh. I keep marvelling at how freaking hilarious he is.
Labels: Food, Sundry, TheBoy, TV, Work
3 Comments:
New classroom sounds marvy - now how often will you have to use your own private Time Out room? You might want to make it double as a Panic Room next time someone's teeth make an appearance.
Also, I watched the entire 1st season in one shot, too. In fact, we stayed up until 5am one Saturday night because we couldn't stop. 1st season is definitely the best.
Fantastic on the new classroom.
And I love you lots. When will you visit? :)
yay for garcons that make us laugh! and yay for Teacher Jess!
what a happy post. it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home