Back in the spiral agaaaaiiiinnn...
I have a tendency to not be so on-top of things.
Example the First: Money
I have no money, and so I wrote a letter to my physical training company to ask them to freeze my membership for 6 months (by which time I am hoping to have most of my credit card debt paid off). Except I don't keep stamps because they price always goes up before I can use up even one page in a stamp book, and so I carried the letter around for a month, and by the time I finally remembered to get a stamp from my parents' house, it was, well, two days ago, and now it's too late to send the letter without being charged for this month. And well... It turns out I didn't pay my cable bill or my electricity bill last month, so just when I thought I was getting back into a financial Okay-Spot, I realized I now have double-bills to pay and am actually still broke.
Example the Second: Work
Lesson plans are due on Friday mornings for the following week. Today is Monday and I still have not done them for this week. And I've been trying to get them done in the beginning of the week, so that come Thursday night, I can hang out with TheBoy (it's his day off) instead of sitting in front of my computer and teacher manuals, but as it turns out, that only happened during the first two weeks of school. And also? During teacher in-service, oh, over a month ago, we were given instructions to do this online child abuse seminar and take the accompanying assessments by October 2 in order to receive professional development credits. I forgot about it until today when an email reminder was sent out, and had to come home and do it. I just finished. I hope they didn't mean "by the end of the school day on October 2."
Example the Third: Homemaking
Laundry. That's all I'm gonna say.
For awhile I thought I was really getting back on top of things. Turning a new leaf. Getting my life into order. Turns out, I was wrong, and here I go back down the slippery slope into a pile of debt, paperwork, and dirty clothes.
*****
Kid-Bit
Conversation about the halo of frizz I get when I wear my hair in a ponytail...
IntenseKid: Miss B! Your hair is stickin' up... like you're all aggravated or somethin'!
GremlinKid: That's because we're driving her crazy!
Example the First: Money
I have no money, and so I wrote a letter to my physical training company to ask them to freeze my membership for 6 months (by which time I am hoping to have most of my credit card debt paid off). Except I don't keep stamps because they price always goes up before I can use up even one page in a stamp book, and so I carried the letter around for a month, and by the time I finally remembered to get a stamp from my parents' house, it was, well, two days ago, and now it's too late to send the letter without being charged for this month. And well... It turns out I didn't pay my cable bill or my electricity bill last month, so just when I thought I was getting back into a financial Okay-Spot, I realized I now have double-bills to pay and am actually still broke.
Example the Second: Work
Lesson plans are due on Friday mornings for the following week. Today is Monday and I still have not done them for this week. And I've been trying to get them done in the beginning of the week, so that come Thursday night, I can hang out with TheBoy (it's his day off) instead of sitting in front of my computer and teacher manuals, but as it turns out, that only happened during the first two weeks of school. And also? During teacher in-service, oh, over a month ago, we were given instructions to do this online child abuse seminar and take the accompanying assessments by October 2 in order to receive professional development credits. I forgot about it until today when an email reminder was sent out, and had to come home and do it. I just finished. I hope they didn't mean "by the end of the school day on October 2."
Example the Third: Homemaking
Laundry. That's all I'm gonna say.
For awhile I thought I was really getting back on top of things. Turning a new leaf. Getting my life into order. Turns out, I was wrong, and here I go back down the slippery slope into a pile of debt, paperwork, and dirty clothes.
*****
Kid-Bit
Conversation about the halo of frizz I get when I wear my hair in a ponytail...
IntenseKid: Miss B! Your hair is stickin' up... like you're all aggravated or somethin'!
GremlinKid: That's because we're driving her crazy!


5 Comments:
have finally gotten myself into the system of doing laundry every weekend so that there is only one or two hateful loads of it rather than the 5 or 6 it is when i avoid the pile of clothes that take over the room.
it really works and i hate it. Laundry, i mean. i hate laundry.
Hate it.
Ah, the carpet head. I know it well.
Liberating news! Neither the GremlinKid nor your creditors care if you wear dirty clothes. (Ya might want to get a calendar for the other stuff)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
unfortunately, i have enough sets of undies to go for a whole month before running out. (yes, i have a fettish, leave me alone). i am not a fan of laundry. i think i will pause for a moment and thank god for the wonderful person who invented the automatic washing machine. :)
i cannot comment on the money sitch. i don't want to cry.
Post a Comment
<< Home