Food and Work
You know how I'm a chef now? Well I was disappointed to learn that although I was quite impressed by Trader Joe's Yellow Curry Simmer Sauce (especially since I didn't think I liked curry), I am just as UNimpressed by Trader Joe's Cuban Mojito Simmer Sauce (especially since I LOVE mojitos). It tastes like acid reflux and it is ruining my CBR*. I'm going to make a pot of macaroni & cheese** even though I already ate half of what I cooked. AndIcancauseIlivebymyselfsothere.
*****
Although I love working in a school with kids, and especially these kids, I don't like writing lesson plans and doing all of the work that goes along with being a teacher. Last night I spent hours just working out math for the next week (and I have to do several lesson plans for each math period because I have kids at 3 different levels), and tonight I am probably going to spend several hours writing reading plans for the week. Pair that with my obsessive need to tweak the cells on my lesson plan spreadsheet and color-code classes, and you've got quite a project. Yes, you do.
* When you only cook one thing (in my case, Chicken, green Beans, and jasmine Rice), you are allowed to start abbreviating it. Once you do that, everyone starts making it. How do you think the BLT got so popular? It ain't all that great. It's all about the acronym.
** I find it totally awesome that the Canadians call it Kraft Dinner, and I was going to steal the phrase, but this particular box is store-brand.
*****
Although I love working in a school with kids, and especially these kids, I don't like writing lesson plans and doing all of the work that goes along with being a teacher. Last night I spent hours just working out math for the next week (and I have to do several lesson plans for each math period because I have kids at 3 different levels), and tonight I am probably going to spend several hours writing reading plans for the week. Pair that with my obsessive need to tweak the cells on my lesson plan spreadsheet and color-code classes, and you've got quite a project. Yes, you do.
* When you only cook one thing (in my case, Chicken, green Beans, and jasmine Rice), you are allowed to start abbreviating it. Once you do that, everyone starts making it. How do you think the BLT got so popular? It ain't all that great. It's all about the acronym.
** I find it totally awesome that the Canadians call it Kraft Dinner, and I was going to steal the phrase, but this particular box is store-brand.


3 Comments:
you've solved it for me.
The Kraft Dinner thing - i didn't realize it was a canadian thing. Heard the Barenaked Ladies song for the first time in a whole bunch of years on the radio the other day (you know, the Million Dollar song) and thought, "hmm... does it just rhyme better?"
You've solved it. Love those Canadians..
haha, thanks girls! we do call it kd- i thought it was the norm! well, i guess we call it that b/c nobody eats the other types of kraft dinner (i didn't even know other types existed until a couple of years ago!), AND, nobody eats other brands of mac&cheese, because, ew.
jess, good work on the acronym analysis; it totally makes me want to cook up some CBR! haha
oh, and wow! 3 lesson levels?! that's crazy talk! i am very proud of you.
Claire - See? And people think a teacher's day ends at 3:00...
Janie - What other types of Kraft Dinner are there? You mean like other dinners made by Kraft? I'd eat them if all I had to do was boil some water and add some dehydrated flavoring...
Post a Comment
<< Home