Green Eyes
I am positive that when I came home drunk last night, I blogged. It was a lengthy, rambling entry, much like how I talk when I am drunk. It was good.
I wish I knew what happened to that entry, because it isn't here.
*****
Yesterday I went to a wedding with Alex. It was a good time... his friend's wife told us that she purposely put our table right near the bar. Good call. The bad call came on my part when I drunkenly told Alex's boss how much I dislike Ann Coulter after he said how much he loved her. I believe my exact words were, "I. Hate. That. Bitch." Oops. I believe there was a hand placed over my mouth at that point, but I don't remember if it was my own or if it belonged to my boyfriend.
Also? The trend in telling Alex all of the things I've ever been upset about since we started dating continued.
Short backstory: Back in the day, when we went to St. Maarten, I overheard him saying something about "I ran into Jamie last week. It was weird." At the time, The Crazy took over, and I spent the rest of the day sulking about the fact that he ran into his ex and didn't tell me, and then I had to overhear him telling his brother about it to even find out.
So um, I held that in until yesterday, when I thought I heard him refer to me as Jamie. After a few vodka and cranberries, I insisted that I heard him call me Jamie, and then on the ride home in his friend's car, I let him know exactly what I think about him calling me by his ex-girlfriend's name. Except. Well. It turns out his ex's name was actually Diana. So then I said that he should have known things wouldn't work out with her from the beginning because you should never date a girl whose nickname is Die*. His friends found this quite hilarious. Alex didn't so much.
I never thought of myself as a jealous person, but it turns out I am, in fact, so jealous that I fabricate ex-girlfriends and hear things that were never said. That is kind of a shitty thing to find out about yourself.
That whole thing aside, we talked it all out once we were alone in Alex's car. I told him pretty much everything I've been holding in since we dated (the good and the bad) and he made me feel totally secure and confident in our relationship. Which I guess is a good ending considering a drunk and jealous beginning.
* No offense to your awesome sis, Christine. I totally love your Di.
I wish I knew what happened to that entry, because it isn't here.
*****
Yesterday I went to a wedding with Alex. It was a good time... his friend's wife told us that she purposely put our table right near the bar. Good call. The bad call came on my part when I drunkenly told Alex's boss how much I dislike Ann Coulter after he said how much he loved her. I believe my exact words were, "I. Hate. That. Bitch." Oops. I believe there was a hand placed over my mouth at that point, but I don't remember if it was my own or if it belonged to my boyfriend.
Also? The trend in telling Alex all of the things I've ever been upset about since we started dating continued.
Short backstory: Back in the day, when we went to St. Maarten, I overheard him saying something about "I ran into Jamie last week. It was weird." At the time, The Crazy took over, and I spent the rest of the day sulking about the fact that he ran into his ex and didn't tell me, and then I had to overhear him telling his brother about it to even find out.
So um, I held that in until yesterday, when I thought I heard him refer to me as Jamie. After a few vodka and cranberries, I insisted that I heard him call me Jamie, and then on the ride home in his friend's car, I let him know exactly what I think about him calling me by his ex-girlfriend's name. Except. Well. It turns out his ex's name was actually Diana. So then I said that he should have known things wouldn't work out with her from the beginning because you should never date a girl whose nickname is Die*. His friends found this quite hilarious. Alex didn't so much.
I never thought of myself as a jealous person, but it turns out I am, in fact, so jealous that I fabricate ex-girlfriends and hear things that were never said. That is kind of a shitty thing to find out about yourself.
That whole thing aside, we talked it all out once we were alone in Alex's car. I told him pretty much everything I've been holding in since we dated (the good and the bad) and he made me feel totally secure and confident in our relationship. Which I guess is a good ending considering a drunk and jealous beginning.
* No offense to your awesome sis, Christine. I totally love your Di.


2 Comments:
My Di is pretty fantastic. Pity her boyfriend is an asshat.
;)
ahhhh, i love that alex and you are so great together. -sigh- i totally am crazy jealous over stupid things, real or imagined. it's just the way of things.
Post a Comment
<< Home