The seaweed is always greener...
I've been kind of stressed out lately, and my body has been showing signs of it. Along with being just plain-old tired looking, I've developed bad eczema on the backs of my hands and behind my knees, my skin is looking dull, certain, um, undesirable female problems are occurring, and well, if you want to know the truth, carrying around an aggressive, thrashing, overgrown 9-year-old is not so good for other personal areas of the body. I know. Nasty.
The thing is, I don't know how to fix this. I know it's better to treat the source than the symptoms, but for now, I have an appointment with the dermatologist and with [shudder] the LadyDoctor.
How do you destress? Because I haven't found a sure-fire way yet to get my mind to just stop thinking, even when doing other, non-work-related, non-school-related, non-cleaning-up-after-my-messy-self things. Any suggestions?
*****
Tonight TheBoy is coming over and I am cooking him dinner, and last night he bought me The Little Mermaid on DVD and I'm going to make him watch it with me. Yippee!!!
The thing is, I don't know how to fix this. I know it's better to treat the source than the symptoms, but for now, I have an appointment with the dermatologist and with [shudder] the LadyDoctor.
How do you destress? Because I haven't found a sure-fire way yet to get my mind to just stop thinking, even when doing other, non-work-related, non-school-related, non-cleaning-up-after-my-messy-self things. Any suggestions?
*****
Tonight TheBoy is coming over and I am cooking him dinner, and last night he bought me The Little Mermaid on DVD and I'm going to make him watch it with me. Yippee!!!


3 Comments:
oooh! good on ya for making the boy watch disney! haha. i once made jm watch pride and prejudice, and was pleasantly surprised that he lasted through half of it!
destressing is a tough one. i suck at it. but last week i went to massage therapy twice and it helped SOOO much. check and see if your benefits covers it! so worth it.
I agree with the massages and I also strongly recommend just getting away for a few hours/day/weekend and not even thinking about the job and the stress. Just get in the car go somewhere else - somewhere fun.
It works wonders for me, especially when I conveniently 'forget' my cell phones or there mysteriously is no service ;)
Oh and if money is no object ... try here!
Post a Comment
<< Home