Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Not So Gangsta

So I was just trying to kill some time during my post-work couch coma, and I decided to flip through the free On Demand movies. I chose The Who's Tommy because I've heard about it and never saw it, and hey, it's free and I don't have to leave my house to watch. All I have to say is,

What the eff?

I just didn't get it. I don't know... I thought I liked rock. I thought I'd like a rock opera. I imagined Rent, but instead of being about HIV, it would be about a kid with Autistic characteristics. A special ed teacher's dream: Life to Music.

Yeah. It wasn't like that. I got through the first 25 minutes, but only because I kept hoping it would get better and that song about he sure plays a mean pin-balllll would come on. It didn't, and I switched back to live TV.

Next time, Dangerous Minds.

[Cue spooky beats here] Been spending most our lives livin in the gangstas paradise... [In Coolio's voice]

1 Comments:

Blogger anika said...

Dangerous Minds has the best ever (ok maybe not BEST ever) sing-along sountrack.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home