Monday, November 06, 2006

I want to be a part of it...

This was an awesome weekend, but everytime I started writing about it, I realized how boring my writing has been lately. I find that I'm much better at writing lists because they warrant no expectations of entertainment. A list is a list. An entertaining list is just a bonus. Here is a no-bonus list of my weekend activities.
  • I took the TheBoy to Alison's Halloween party, aptly entitled "Alloween." As far as I can tell everyone loved (or at least said they approved of) him, and Meg even said she thinks he's The One.
  • I dressed up as Alison, which I thought was pretty freakin' clever, and which everyone there seemed to appreciate. I even fought with her sister a little to make it really authentic.
  • We stayed overnight at the Hyatt, and because they didn't have any rooms on the "Quiet Side" of the building, they upgraded us to a suite.
  • We took the train into New York.
  • We saw Wicked, which was an awesome, awesome show. And what was even awesomer was that when we got there, the show was actually sold out, and so we waited on the Cancellations line, and ended up with sweet 15th row, center section tickets- probably better than what we'd have gotten if we were on the ball and ordered them ahead of time!
  • We ate dinner at Virgil's BBQ, which was super tasty.*
  • My car didn't stall out due to lack-of-fuel on the Turnpike!

* Do people in Canada eat barbeque? Like real BBQ with coal smokers and stuff?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Janie said...

yay, i'm so happy you had a most fantastic weekend. of course everyone loves your man- you picked a keeper. and i must agree, you are very clever to dress up as your hostess. kudos. sounds like good times all around.

i must admit, i am a fan of the bbq. however, one must go to an eating establishment that specializes in 'smokehouse bbq' to find what i believe you are referring to. (you should come to our wedding and see how fun and delicious un-real bbq's are! haha)

7:07 PM  
Blogger claire said...

Ooh! My BF LOVES Virgils. I've never been, but i hear the food is amazing. Sounds like you had a great weekend. :)

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home