Saturday, November 11, 2006

A licky boom-boom down

Heh. Remember that song?

Anyway.

New Jersey kids are lucky when it comes to November, for not only do you have the Thanksgiving 4-day weekend, but you also get an extra 4-dayer for the NJ Teacher Convention (a time when all teachers are supposed to go and... convent(?)... in Atlantic City. My kids were especially lucky because our school gave students the entire week off, while Monday through Wednesday were spent having teacher in-service workshops. And don't forget about the half days coming up for parent conferences! Regular ed teachers hate November, complaining that they can't teach anything this month with all the days off and irregularities in scheduling and general feeling of Why Bother coming from the students. Special ed teachers, or at least, this special ed teacher, thanks her lucky stars because ohmygod this is the only thing getting me through to winter break!

So what, you might ask (or you might not give a shit, in which case, stop reading), am I doing with my current 4-day weekend?

Well, my parents are visiting my brother, who is on deployment in Curasao, and I was forced politely asked to dogsit. But the days off, whether sitting around in my apartment, or sitting around in my parents' house doing my laundry for free, have been so far relaxing, if not Couch Coma-enducing.

(And if you must know, my childhood bed was devirginized on Thursday night. Oh yes, it was. I have to say - and let me add the disclaimer that it had nothing to do with TheBoy's manhood or ability to perform or anything whatsoever - the whole thing seemed like it was going to be much more exciting than it actually was. For some reason, sex in a twin bed with a curious dog whining outside the door is not so great.) (P.S. Hi Mom! Ignore what you just read. I am still a virgin and will be until I get married.) (And if you don't believe me, just remember that it was your SON who you actually caught banging some chick in your pool.)

Tonight I think we'll be partying it up with Alex's brother and bro's girlfriend, who are in for the weekend from Boston. I'm looking forward to seeing them again, as I haven't since St. Maarten, but I'm also a little stressed because apparently I was put in charge of planning the evening while TheBoy works all day, and I don't know what time he's getting out of work or if they want to go to dinner or Philly or what and I can't get in touch with him and grrrrr.

But I'm sure a good time will be had, and I'll surely fill you in on all the drunken deets, if there are any. And I hope there are.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Janie said...

bwahaha, your 'note to mom' is too funny. -sigh- our poor parents just don't know what to do with us!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home