And another thing...
I ran out to Wegman's tonight to get ingredients for the bread pudding I'm making for TheBoy's birthday (weird, I know, but it's on of his top fave 3 desserts) and as I was leaving some random guy approached me in the parking lot all "good evenening ma'am, how are you? I'm doing a promotion for Circuit City-- have you heard of them?-- yes? okay well take a look here" at which point he showed me some blue flashing keychain thing and it freaked me out and probably erased my memory too. I stammered, "uhhh, no thanks," and he promptly said, "Okay! No problem!" and walked quickly toward the back of the parking lot, away from the store. I pulled up to the store as I was leaving and told the manager who was walking around, but apparently someone had beat me to it, because he told me that was the whole reason he was out there. But then when I was driving away I thought what if that wasn't actually a manager and he was in kahoots with the light stick guy and he is just saying he already knew about him so that I don't go in and they don't call the police and now they are going pull the same scam on some other poor girl out shopping alone in the dark and it's all my fault for driving away and not taking a closer look at his name tag???
Okay, I know I'm probably being rediculous... it just freaked me out, is all. Okay? I had to share.
*****
By the way, I have labled this post "Foibles," and I know that was one of Whinger's categories, but I've gone to type it in and then erased it enough times that I have finally decided to just give in and use it. If anything, it should just be a friendly reminder of Whinger, whose web address no longer links to an actual site, but who I miss reading dearly. And P.S. I was probably supposed to use "whom" somewhere in that runon sentence, but I didn't. So there.
Okay, I know I'm probably being rediculous... it just freaked me out, is all. Okay? I had to share.
*****
By the way, I have labled this post "Foibles," and I know that was one of Whinger's categories, but I've gone to type it in and then erased it enough times that I have finally decided to just give in and use it. If anything, it should just be a friendly reminder of Whinger, whose web address no longer links to an actual site, but who I miss reading dearly. And P.S. I was probably supposed to use "whom" somewhere in that runon sentence, but I didn't. So there.
Labels: Foibles


3 Comments:
Nope no "whom" nec. You're clear!
Hope they change their marketing strategy... dummies.
god, that's creepy. I was thinking the memory-erasing thing, too.
Gah! So creepy!!
Do you still have use of all your body parts? Maybe the light stick fried some syapse or neuron or something something.
i think you should ask your man to help you with a full system check, just to make sure creepy light man didn't do anything, well, creepy. besides, it'd be fun.
(my sincerest apologies if i just crossed over the line into the creepiness.)
Post a Comment
<< Home