Music
I wouldn't say that I'm very varied when it comes to my taste in music. Sure, I like to listen to classical sometimes, and on occasion you will find me tapping my foot to a country song, and we have already discussed how street I am, so you know that there's a little rap in my repertoir.
But ultimately, it all comes down to I Listen to Whatever is on the Top 40 Stations and Even Then, Only if it is Upbeat.*
Tonight while I was driving home from work, I forgot to change the station from my usual morning show, and I heard Green Day's Brain Stew, U2's Where The Streets Have No Name, and Bush's Glycerine. It made me remember that I do like some rock music here and there, but that everytime I try to listen to a rock station for more than a song or two, they throw in something craptastic by The Who and I am forced to change the station.
Which brings me to the point of this post: For those of you who are more eclectic with your music tastes, 1) When people ask you what kind of music you like, how do you usually answer? and 2) If you were making a mix of great rock songs for jamming in your car, what are some songs you'd be sure to include?
* I have slightly more tolerance for ballads now that I am in love, but when I say "slightly," I mean it like "Oh, how nice, her heart will go on! Okay next station."
But ultimately, it all comes down to I Listen to Whatever is on the Top 40 Stations and Even Then, Only if it is Upbeat.*
Tonight while I was driving home from work, I forgot to change the station from my usual morning show, and I heard Green Day's Brain Stew, U2's Where The Streets Have No Name, and Bush's Glycerine. It made me remember that I do like some rock music here and there, but that everytime I try to listen to a rock station for more than a song or two, they throw in something craptastic by The Who and I am forced to change the station.
Which brings me to the point of this post: For those of you who are more eclectic with your music tastes, 1) When people ask you what kind of music you like, how do you usually answer? and 2) If you were making a mix of great rock songs for jamming in your car, what are some songs you'd be sure to include?
* I have slightly more tolerance for ballads now that I am in love, but when I say "slightly," I mean it like "Oh, how nice, her heart will go on! Okay next station."


2 Comments:
You are so darned cute. You know, even though Anth loved the Tenacious D, every time I hear of them, or see an ad for the movie I think of you. :) (I won't cook it, but I'll order it from ZANZIBAR!)
For rocking out in the car? Lately I've been loving on the New Pornographers, "Letter from an Occupant"; then for some more old school...I say download SpaceHog, "Meantime"; silly maybe, but fun in the car Gin Blossoms, "Hey Jealousy"...goodness, lots. Have much fun downloading...
I give people time frames, not genres. Example: 1962-69 and 1991-1998. Then, if somebody asks if you listen to artists outside that time frame, you can reply "I DON'T LISTEN TO ANY OF YOUR 1999 MAN LOVE 98 DEGREES GARBAGE, YOU CRETIN!"
They'll think you're way into music like Jim Skay or somebody. Personally, my rockin' mix tape might include the following:
Cracker - Teen Agnst
The Refreshments - Banditos
Collective Soul - Heavy
Lit - Over My Head
Rancid - Time Bomb
...and maybe some of these if you're not in a flannel wearing mood (read as 'recorded this century'):
Sahara Hotnights - Hot Night Crash
Kaiser Cheifs - I Predeict a Riot
Stereophonics - Dakota
Against Me! - Don't Lose Touch
Living End - Who's Gonna Save Us
Also that interweb thingy has a bunch of radio stations that cater to certain genres and have no reason to randomly insert various theme songs from CSI.
Post a Comment
<< Home