Saturday, December 23, 2006

Fa La La La La

Hello again.

I've written a couple posts in the past few weeks, but I never actually published them. I'm not sure why... I guess they weren't very well written, and well, I dunno. I haven't been in the Blogging Mood.

I haven't been in much of a 'Tis the Season Mood either, but you know, everyone has shit to do around the holidays.

I like buying something thoughtful, and I stress over anything I choose. I like giving and all, I just don't like giving if I'm not 100% sure the person will 100% love the gift I give. This makes it hard to pick something out, ya know?

Anyway, I finished shopping for Alex a couple weeks ago, and I am pretty satisfied. I was kind of torn about what to get him and how much money to spend-- this is my first holiday season with a boyfriend to buy for. He kept telling me how much he was buying, and I kept freaking out because how can I, making less than half of his salary, even compete?

And then finally, after receiving the advice of a couple coworkers, I decided to just let him Spoil Me. It's not a competition, it's just the Spirit of Giving, and he knows what I make and how much I can afford... And who knows? I thought. He might just be exaggerating...

Yeah. So he gave me a LCD flat panel TV/DVD player for my bedroom the other night. Because, you know, the box was too big to wrap, and I'd know what it was anyway as soon as I entered his house.

People, I know it's supposed to be the thought that counts, and it's not a competition, but god, how do I compete with that?! It makes the rolling garment bag I bought him look like a stocking stuffer.

On the other hand... It feels good to be Spoiled.

*****

If you have never spent the week before Winter Break with 5 behaviorally disabled kids, you might wonder what it's like. This might give you an idea-- just imagine 4 more monkeys...


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger anika said...

I agree, my dear. It is extremely difficult to compete with thoughtful-and-willing-to-spend-tons-on-you boys but sometimes we just have to let them spoil us and enjoy it. What did you get Alex?

1:27 PM  
Blogger claire said...

gah! that's quite a gift... i have no idea how you could compete with that. no idea... i hate xmas shopping, too. i never know what to get for anyone and always feel like i'm not getting them enough or that whatever they're going to be getting me is way more expensive or meaningful than what i've purchased. you just have to stop trying so hard or else you'll hurt yourself.

also: stoopid munkees. hee.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home