Early Morning Chill: Haiku
Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!
Fucking alarm: I hate you.
So cozy in bed.
This apartment is
Ten degrees colder today
Than it was last night.
I measure the beans,
Pour in the water, hit "On."
Oh! Wonderful brew...
I step into the
hot, steaming, shower. Joyous!
I'd stay here all day...
But alas, stupid job.
I walk back into the cold.
My turkies are done.
P.S. And in response to Christine's haiku to me:
Fellow curly one:
I'm always around... but you!
Law school stole my pal!
Fucking alarm: I hate you.
So cozy in bed.
This apartment is
Ten degrees colder today
Than it was last night.
I measure the beans,
Pour in the water, hit "On."
Oh! Wonderful brew...
I step into the
hot, steaming, shower. Joyous!
I'd stay here all day...
But alas, stupid job.
I walk back into the cold.
My turkies are done.
P.S. And in response to Christine's haiku to me:
Fellow curly one:
I'm always around... but you!
Law school stole my pal!


4 Comments:
those were awesome.
law school exams end soon.
weep. one down, three to go.
you know, unintentionally that was almost haiku like. you're an INSPIRATION!
why do i love you so much?! who couldn't really, with such beautiful creations.
these haikus were going around last week, weren't they... looks like everyone has one. hmm.. i wonder if they're contagious.
Post a Comment
<< Home