Back from Beantown
Alex and I went to Boston this past weekend to visit his brother. It was too short, but it was fun, save the whole "getting there" part, in which:
The flight home was much more relaxing, too. It was less crowded, which meant that Alex and I could have a seat between us and his broad shoulders weren't invading my space and crushing me against the seat or pushing me into the isle to get my elbows banged by the beverage cart. And also we got a whole soda and two packets of airline deathmix!
*****
Grocery store quirks: I empty my items onto the belt in the order/grouping in which I'd like them bagged. I get annoyed when the cashier doesn't scan like-things together, and so they appear separately on my receipt (ex. yogurt, yogurt, yogurt, string cheese, yogurt).
Recent fortune cookie opened while sharing a side of the booth with Alex*: Stop searching forever; happiness is just next to you.
* No, we're not that corny-- his dad and brother were sitting across from us.
- I was yelled at by a security officer as I walked through the metal detector; I was actually accused of killing the man by forgetting to take my outerwear off (Jess, in the airport, with the Burberry scarf!)
- our flight was delayed an hour
- the gate was changed and so the guy at the desk told us we had missed the flight altogether ("Oops! Looks like you two kids have missed your flight! Har har!") (we missed a flight to Boston, but not our flight to Boston)
- the lady at the gate check-in told our entire flight that if we didn't hurry the fuck up and put our shit away when we got on the plane, they were going to cancel the flight altogether, you motherfuckers (because somehow the fact that they were late to start with meant that we had to rush)
- we were only privy to an "Express Beverage Service," which basically meant that we got no tiny packets of airline snack mix (which now includes bbq soy nuts instead of peanuts to save those with peanut allergies, and bytheway thanks for considering those of us with soy allergies), and that they just ran down the isle with a shaken up can of soda and sprayed it at us as we held our mouths open (and shut our eyes)
The flight home was much more relaxing, too. It was less crowded, which meant that Alex and I could have a seat between us and his broad shoulders weren't invading my space and crushing me against the seat or pushing me into the isle to get my elbows banged by the beverage cart. And also we got a whole soda and two packets of airline deathmix!
*****
Grocery store quirks: I empty my items onto the belt in the order/grouping in which I'd like them bagged. I get annoyed when the cashier doesn't scan like-things together, and so they appear separately on my receipt (ex. yogurt, yogurt, yogurt, string cheese, yogurt).
Recent fortune cookie opened while sharing a side of the booth with Alex*: Stop searching forever; happiness is just next to you.
* No, we're not that corny-- his dad and brother were sitting across from us.


5 Comments:
Ooo ... travel hilarity! I got you beat though ;)
Sounds like you had a great time - did you have any chowda?
Glad you had fun in Boston, I liked it a lot.
PLUS, you two are that corny, the corniness just wasn't the reason you were sitting next to each other.
OMG. The fortune thing is adorable!
ugh, ugly airline attendants are SO annoying. as are idiotic border guards, but i shall leave that for another time.
love the fortune cookie! and i am the same with my receipts; i think they do it on purpose.
glad you had fun in boston. hope you have as much fun in vancouver next summer! *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
Dino - I DID have chowda! My dad's is better though...
Christine - You are right, but I'm always looking for ways that we are not corny...
GG - I thought so too... His dad and brother just made fun of me. Alex knew better than to join in.
Janie - Maybe we will have that much fun-- hopefully the flight attendants are sweeter!
Post a Comment
<< Home