Suds
There is only one thing I don't like about my apartment, and that is the lack of washer and dryer. I hardly did my laundry at my parents' house, because god forbid I walk up and down the 12 stairs a couple times. But now it's even worse, because not only do I have to walk up and down 12-or-so stairs, I also have to walk outside, around to the side of the building, unlock the laundry room door, and *gasp* pay $1.25 per teeny-tiny washerloadfull... plus drying. It's annoying, and I always feel like that "I forgot to add the fabric softener!" commercial.
So I'm leaving for Boston tomorrow*, and here I am, at almost 8pm, just starting my laundry because I have absolutely nothing to wear. Not even underwear. I went through all the comfy stuff, through the thongs, and today I had to go with none. That's how I know it's time.
I think I will one day cause my aide to have a heart attack. She has a special schedule for her laundry: 24-year-old son's work clothes on Monday, whites on Tuesday, colors on Wednesday, etc., until Saturday when she does all of her ironing at once. (She gasps in disbelief when I mention things like, "I had no more clean underwear today so I had to wear a thong." I kept the whole Freebird incident to myself.) Of course, this might just be because I gave her a little TMI, but anyways I admire her commitment to a pristine house, and actual clean clothes that she didn't just spray with Febreze and run through the "Fluff" cycle. Speaking of which, I miss the Fluff cycle, but the absence of one made me purchase a new iron, which I put a lot of research into before buying and absolutely love. You know. As far as irons go.
* Please don't burgle me when I'm gone...
*****
I got take-out Mexican for dinner (like from a real restaurant, not Taco Bell) and I am terribly disappointed. That might be because I waited an hour before eating it and now it's all cold, or it might be because I don't like enchiladas, and yet I keep ordering them anyway. Either way, I'm annoyed that they didn't throw in the usual chips and salsa, because along with the soup, which was pretty good, that would have made a nice meal. Note to self: Next time, just order soup and a half quesadilla.
*****
I was kicked in the shin today by a student. It still hurts, and there's a nice little bruise there.
*****
Crayola Jelly Beans? Not as "feel like a kid again" as they seem they'd be. Jelly Belly still reigns supreme.
*****
I fell asleep last night during the president's address. Not only is he a moron, he is boring and a poor speaker. I prefer the Today Show's summary and commentary any day.
So I'm leaving for Boston tomorrow*, and here I am, at almost 8pm, just starting my laundry because I have absolutely nothing to wear. Not even underwear. I went through all the comfy stuff, through the thongs, and today I had to go with none. That's how I know it's time.
I think I will one day cause my aide to have a heart attack. She has a special schedule for her laundry: 24-year-old son's work clothes on Monday, whites on Tuesday, colors on Wednesday, etc., until Saturday when she does all of her ironing at once. (She gasps in disbelief when I mention things like, "I had no more clean underwear today so I had to wear a thong." I kept the whole Freebird incident to myself.) Of course, this might just be because I gave her a little TMI, but anyways I admire her commitment to a pristine house, and actual clean clothes that she didn't just spray with Febreze and run through the "Fluff" cycle. Speaking of which, I miss the Fluff cycle, but the absence of one made me purchase a new iron, which I put a lot of research into before buying and absolutely love. You know. As far as irons go.
* Please don't burgle me when I'm gone...
*****
I got take-out Mexican for dinner (like from a real restaurant, not Taco Bell) and I am terribly disappointed. That might be because I waited an hour before eating it and now it's all cold, or it might be because I don't like enchiladas, and yet I keep ordering them anyway. Either way, I'm annoyed that they didn't throw in the usual chips and salsa, because along with the soup, which was pretty good, that would have made a nice meal. Note to self: Next time, just order soup and a half quesadilla.
*****
I was kicked in the shin today by a student. It still hurts, and there's a nice little bruise there.
*****
Crayola Jelly Beans? Not as "feel like a kid again" as they seem they'd be. Jelly Belly still reigns supreme.
*****
I fell asleep last night during the president's address. Not only is he a moron, he is boring and a poor speaker. I prefer the Today Show's summary and commentary any day.


2 Comments:
'burgle,' i love it!
ya, so, about that laundry... i feel it is irresponsible to damage the environment by laundering too often. seriously, water is one of our most precious natural resources. good of you to wait until absolutely necessary to put suds in your bucket. i salute you!
Janie - I also try to save water by waiting to do dishes... Every little bit helps!
Post a Comment
<< Home