1 Tequilla, 2 Tequilla, 3 Tequilla, Floor!
I woke up at 6 o'clock Sunday morning naked and face-down on the bathroom floor. I'm not sure quite what time I went in there, but my best estimate is sometime between 1 and 2.
That's what a few glass of wine will do to me.
I wonder if I will ever come to an age where, at the middle of Glass Two, I say to myself, "Self, you know that if you drink another after this one, you will wind up naked and face-down on the bathroom floor, so stop when you hit the bottom."
The Threat of the Hangover always seems to stay with me for a few weeks, and then somehow it gets forgotten again. New Year's Eve, for example, I hardly drank at all. I even asked for a cup of coffee because I knew I had started early and still had a couple hours to go.
Saturday night though, I did not have such foresight. We went to a country club for TheBoy's Work Party, and around Glass Four, Alex encouraged me to go up and DanceAttack his boss, who hates to dance, and consequently summoned his wife to come over and save him. (Note: Boss has told Alex that if he ever breaks up with me, he is fired.)
Also? We left the party at 11:30, and hit a bar with FriendandWife for another drink.
Fast Forward to Bathroom Floor, because I'm fuzzy on all the details in-between. (I am picturing Wayne and Garth doing that "dodododo dodododo!" Dream Sequence thing...)
*****
Around 11, Alex left to get stuff for breakfast, and he returned with roses and candy to make me feel better, and he made me an omelette and hash browns and a crossant.
I could get used to this. Almost makes the Hangover worth it...
That's what a few glass of wine will do to me.
I wonder if I will ever come to an age where, at the middle of Glass Two, I say to myself, "Self, you know that if you drink another after this one, you will wind up naked and face-down on the bathroom floor, so stop when you hit the bottom."
The Threat of the Hangover always seems to stay with me for a few weeks, and then somehow it gets forgotten again. New Year's Eve, for example, I hardly drank at all. I even asked for a cup of coffee because I knew I had started early and still had a couple hours to go.
Saturday night though, I did not have such foresight. We went to a country club for TheBoy's Work Party, and around Glass Four, Alex encouraged me to go up and DanceAttack his boss, who hates to dance, and consequently summoned his wife to come over and save him. (Note: Boss has told Alex that if he ever breaks up with me, he is fired.)
Also? We left the party at 11:30, and hit a bar with FriendandWife for another drink.
Fast Forward to Bathroom Floor, because I'm fuzzy on all the details in-between. (I am picturing Wayne and Garth doing that "dodododo dodododo!" Dream Sequence thing...)
*****
Around 11, Alex left to get stuff for breakfast, and he returned with roses and candy to make me feel better, and he made me an omelette and hash browns and a crossant.
I could get used to this. Almost makes the Hangover worth it...


2 Comments:
oh. i do so miss dating.
right! It's been oh, about a year since I got flowers...although he was going to buy them for the birthday and I encouraged him not to (as I knew we would be late for our dinner reservations. sigh.)
OH and I feel you on the occasionally not realizing when to stop the drinking.
Post a Comment
<< Home