Chopping Onions Makes Me Weep
I spent most of my day yesterday in tears because of work-stuff. I don't want to get into too much detail on here, but for the most part, a parent is accusing me of causing injury to her child during a restraint, when in actuality, we were restraining him to prevent injury to himself or someone else. And fuck you Lady, because hi. Remember this?

That's where your son bit me.
Also? You forgot to pack lunch for your kid yesterday. Two already-eaten bags of chips and a Gogurt from the day before don't count.
*Sigh.*
Anyway, I'm in better spirits today. Yesterday I was all destrought and depressed and scared and all I wanted to do was sit and cry. I missed Alison's birthday party and Christine's bowling extravaganza (heehee) and I layed on my couch at watched my DVR'd episode of Grey's Anatomy and went to sleep.
I woke up today with a clearer mind, and instead of a Woe-Is-Me attitude, I've got a Fuck-You-Bitch-You-Suck-As-A-Mom-And-That's-Why-Your-Kid-
Is-In-My-Class-In-The-First-Place one.
She is not ruining my weekend.
*****
In my everlasting quest to Even Things Out between TheBoy and me (who pays for everything all the time because he knows I can't afford to), I am going to attempt to cook him dinner tonight. I'm making pork loin with rosemary, red-wine risotto with peas, and asparagus, possibly with some fresh lime juice. I have never cooked any of those things before, but it's worth a shot.
Of course, My Thing will be cancelled out by Alex's Thing tomorrow when he makes me breakfast (cheese omelette, hash browns, sausage and/or bacon, and probably some kind of bread item), and he'll still be on top.
(Heh. My Thing. Alex's Thing. He'll be on top...
Sorry. If there is one thing I've gained from my relationship with TheBoy (other than a Burberry jacket), it's to appreciate adolescent male humor.)
Update: The pork loin came out fantastically (woot woot to my meat thermometer!), and the risotto was also fantastic, even though I didn't have any wine (?!) and just used extra broth instead and it sat for awhile because I cooked it too early... The asparagus was mucho overcooked, but that was okay, because when you've got meat and carbs, do you really need veggies?

That's where your son bit me.
Also? You forgot to pack lunch for your kid yesterday. Two already-eaten bags of chips and a Gogurt from the day before don't count.
*Sigh.*
Anyway, I'm in better spirits today. Yesterday I was all destrought and depressed and scared and all I wanted to do was sit and cry. I missed Alison's birthday party and Christine's bowling extravaganza (heehee) and I layed on my couch at watched my DVR'd episode of Grey's Anatomy and went to sleep.
I woke up today with a clearer mind, and instead of a Woe-Is-Me attitude, I've got a Fuck-You-Bitch-You-Suck-As-A-Mom-And-That's-Why-Your-Kid-
Is-In-My-Class-In-The-First-Place one.
She is not ruining my weekend.
*****
In my everlasting quest to Even Things Out between TheBoy and me (who pays for everything all the time because he knows I can't afford to), I am going to attempt to cook him dinner tonight. I'm making pork loin with rosemary, red-wine risotto with peas, and asparagus, possibly with some fresh lime juice. I have never cooked any of those things before, but it's worth a shot.
Of course, My Thing will be cancelled out by Alex's Thing tomorrow when he makes me breakfast (cheese omelette, hash browns, sausage and/or bacon, and probably some kind of bread item), and he'll still be on top.
(Heh. My Thing. Alex's Thing. He'll be on top...
Sorry. If there is one thing I've gained from my relationship with TheBoy (other than a Burberry jacket), it's to appreciate adolescent male humor.)
Update: The pork loin came out fantastically (woot woot to my meat thermometer!), and the risotto was also fantastic, even though I didn't have any wine (?!) and just used extra broth instead and it sat for awhile because I cooked it too early... The asparagus was mucho overcooked, but that was okay, because when you've got meat and carbs, do you really need veggies?


2 Comments:
jessica, jessica, jessica... how have we lived this long without finding each other?!
i have to say, i am plotting against incompetant-evil-mom for you. she seriously needs a swift kick in the head with a frozen mukluk.
although i must admit, i have long ago given up on 'even-ing things out' and have resigned myself to 'sit back and enjoy being spoiled.' it's not at all a bad place to be. haha.
i was just yesterday introduced to the phenomenon that is burberry. i feel quite out of the loop and will have to rectify this situation by dropping valentine's day hints. because i'm sweet and discreet like that.
I LOVE adolescent boy humor! hehe.
Post a Comment
<< Home