I should save this for Valentine's Day...
TheBoy tells me once in awhile, usually after a couple drinks, that he wants to marry me one day. This usually causes me to hear Squints'* voice in my head going, "for-ev-ver... for-ev-ver... for-ev-ver..." because although I love him and can't imagine myself with anyone else, god, marriage is for good, and I can't think about doing anything in my life for the rest of my life. Most teachers work for about 30 years, and even that sounds like an eternity to me, and my grandparents were married for 50 years before my grandfather died, and holy shit what if we live to be 100!!!
But this morning, here I am, sipping my coffee, fooling around on my laptop, watching the Food Network, and Alex has fallen back asleep on the couch, and this happens every weekend and I love it and I can't imagine that I'd prefer any other kind of lazy Sunday morning, and especially not with anyone else.
* from The Sandlot, a movie I cannot flip past when channel surfing.
But this morning, here I am, sipping my coffee, fooling around on my laptop, watching the Food Network, and Alex has fallen back asleep on the couch, and this happens every weekend and I love it and I can't imagine that I'd prefer any other kind of lazy Sunday morning, and especially not with anyone else.
* from The Sandlot, a movie I cannot flip past when channel surfing.
Labels: TheBoy


3 Comments:
Oh, that was so sweet.
And I too, love The Sandlot. We are also unable to change the channel, should we stumble across it. :)
Metalia - That and Shawshank Redemption... can't flip past either...
jessica, thank you for freaking me right out with your truths about forever AFTER i already said yes. Sheesh. well, i'm glad i made it to the end of your sweet post before i went into full-fledged panic mode.
Post a Comment
<< Home