Validated?
This is kind of embarassing to admit, but lately I can't keep myself away from the trainwreck that is Britney Spears. Stop looking at me like that! It's not like I want this!! I don't care about Paris or Lindsey (though I am way too excited about M-K's new role on Weeds...), but something about Britney just pulls me in every time. Okay. The secret is out. Please don't taunt me.
*****
The teacher who got four of my last-year students called me today to tell me that she doesn't know how I did it for an entire year, and that if something doesn't change soon, she is giving her 60-days and working at RopShite. Something about that call made me feel smug and oddly validated, as if my entire year of job-hating depression was not because I am not cut out to teach behavioral kids, but rather, because this particular group of behaviorals was fucking nuts. I know this was only the first full week of school, and I don't want to jinx things, but I already like this year so much better. I spend most of the day laughing (sometimes to myself, and sometimes out loud if I can't hold it in), and though I am exhausted at the end of the day, it is a certain satisfied exhaustion, rather than a frustrated, worn-out, down-in-the-dumps kind of exhaustion.
Not that I wasn't ready for the weekend.
*****
As I mentioned before, ChowDownKid likes to pick a random food daily and yell it out at various times during the day. He doesn't have Turrets or anything. He just likes food. Today's Special: "Sprinkle Cheese!!"
*****
The teacher who got four of my last-year students called me today to tell me that she doesn't know how I did it for an entire year, and that if something doesn't change soon, she is giving her 60-days and working at RopShite. Something about that call made me feel smug and oddly validated, as if my entire year of job-hating depression was not because I am not cut out to teach behavioral kids, but rather, because this particular group of behaviorals was fucking nuts. I know this was only the first full week of school, and I don't want to jinx things, but I already like this year so much better. I spend most of the day laughing (sometimes to myself, and sometimes out loud if I can't hold it in), and though I am exhausted at the end of the day, it is a certain satisfied exhaustion, rather than a frustrated, worn-out, down-in-the-dumps kind of exhaustion.
Not that I wasn't ready for the weekend.
*****
As I mentioned before, ChowDownKid likes to pick a random food daily and yell it out at various times during the day. He doesn't have Turrets or anything. He just likes food. Today's Special: "Sprinkle Cheese!!"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home