Impending
Summer school has been over for about 2 weeks, and next week I start up again with the regular school year. My classroom is nowhere near being ready, and this week I am stuck in a three-day autism workshop. Here I go, starting off the new year unprepared again... What else is new?
On the upside, I get a fresh crop of little behavioral darlings. This year's cast:
TantrumKid - 7-year-old known for toddleresque tantrums that include table-flipping and chair-throwing
OCDKid - Lines things up. All things. Crayons on the desk? Must be lined up. Legos? Line 'em up. What? It's time to put this away?? BUT I CAN'T UNTIL I GET THEM ALL INTO A STRAIGHT LINE!!!
ChowDownKid - Loves food, and often amuses himself by listing a list of things he'd like to eat; "chicken cheesesteak, french fries, meatballs, chicken fingers, ice cream, peanut butter and jelly... etc." Frequently pulls up shirt to expose jiggling middle while dancing.
BillCosbyKid - Looks like Little Bill, talks like a cross between big Bill and Bob Dylan's singing voice, and has been known to bring leftover fried shrimp to school. In his backpack. Loose. As in without a container or baggie.
TBD1 - Not sure about this kid, as he entered the other behavioral room toward the end of last year.
TBD2 - Another wild card; first year in a behavioral class.
I'm actually really excited, because I think I needed a change, and I think the personalities of my kids this year are much more quirky, and less angry than last year's group. Hoping for lots and lots of hilarious Kid-Bits to share.
*****
I was excited to find a Chinese delivery place in my area that has ONLINE ORDERING!!! I was able to order dinner tonight, complete with Alex's special-order lo mein (no veggies, pork and egg only-- god forbid there be something healthy in his meal), and pay for it with my credit card, without ever leaving the house! The only disappointing part was the Chicken with Almond Ding, which sounded fun but was disappointing. The veggies weren't cooked enough to accomodate my food allergies, and the chicken was cut too small to make it easy to pick out. Also? I think there might be peanuts instead of almonds. Still, it beats putting a bra on. Uh, which I'd have to do in order to leave the house and pick up the food. Duh.
*****
I've been using Firefox for awhile, and loving it. It made me (too) happy each time I could click on "Open in tabs" and all of my gajillion blogs would open up at once, tabbed right across the top of a single window. Likewise, when I could do a little online shopping comparisons simply by opening "in a new tab." However, during the last month, it has been super-slow, and I have to wait too long for a page to load and for links and menu bars to be clickable. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall without success. I was forced to return to Explorer, which works fine, but only had old blogs bookmarked.
Consequently, I *gasp!* stopped reading my blogs for awhile. I missed them, but was also too lazy to look up all the old addresses on my speed-retarded Firefox.
The silver lining: I have discovered Google Reader. I took the time to get the addresses and add them to my subscriptions, and now, each time I open Explorer, I am greeted with a fresh list of all my IIF's updated blogs on my iGoogle homepage. Dear Google, I love you.
On the upside, I get a fresh crop of little behavioral darlings. This year's cast:
TantrumKid - 7-year-old known for toddleresque tantrums that include table-flipping and chair-throwing
OCDKid - Lines things up. All things. Crayons on the desk? Must be lined up. Legos? Line 'em up. What? It's time to put this away?? BUT I CAN'T UNTIL I GET THEM ALL INTO A STRAIGHT LINE!!!
ChowDownKid - Loves food, and often amuses himself by listing a list of things he'd like to eat; "chicken cheesesteak, french fries, meatballs, chicken fingers, ice cream, peanut butter and jelly... etc." Frequently pulls up shirt to expose jiggling middle while dancing.
BillCosbyKid - Looks like Little Bill, talks like a cross between big Bill and Bob Dylan's singing voice, and has been known to bring leftover fried shrimp to school. In his backpack. Loose. As in without a container or baggie.
TBD1 - Not sure about this kid, as he entered the other behavioral room toward the end of last year.
TBD2 - Another wild card; first year in a behavioral class.
I'm actually really excited, because I think I needed a change, and I think the personalities of my kids this year are much more quirky, and less angry than last year's group. Hoping for lots and lots of hilarious Kid-Bits to share.
*****
I was excited to find a Chinese delivery place in my area that has ONLINE ORDERING!!! I was able to order dinner tonight, complete with Alex's special-order lo mein (no veggies, pork and egg only-- god forbid there be something healthy in his meal), and pay for it with my credit card, without ever leaving the house! The only disappointing part was the Chicken with Almond Ding, which sounded fun but was disappointing. The veggies weren't cooked enough to accomodate my food allergies, and the chicken was cut too small to make it easy to pick out. Also? I think there might be peanuts instead of almonds. Still, it beats putting a bra on. Uh, which I'd have to do in order to leave the house and pick up the food. Duh.
*****
I've been using Firefox for awhile, and loving it. It made me (too) happy each time I could click on "Open in tabs" and all of my gajillion blogs would open up at once, tabbed right across the top of a single window. Likewise, when I could do a little online shopping comparisons simply by opening "in a new tab." However, during the last month, it has been super-slow, and I have to wait too long for a page to load and for links and menu bars to be clickable. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall without success. I was forced to return to Explorer, which works fine, but only had old blogs bookmarked.
Consequently, I *gasp!* stopped reading my blogs for awhile. I missed them, but was also too lazy to look up all the old addresses on my speed-retarded Firefox.
The silver lining: I have discovered Google Reader. I took the time to get the addresses and add them to my subscriptions, and now, each time I open Explorer, I am greeted with a fresh list of all my IIF's updated blogs on my iGoogle homepage. Dear Google, I love you.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home