Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Couldn't Resist

I meme'd myself because I found myself writing so much in response to Metalia's quiz, I figured I might as well just write an entry.

1. Are the children of the world working your last nerve with their devil wheelie shoes?

I suppose it is a little annoying when your path is abruptly cut off by a child gliding around on shoes with wheels, and truth be told, they remind me a little of the Wicked Witch's flying monkeys, erm, except they don't fly... But I find it hard to be angry AND jealous at the same time. *sigh*

2. If you came across this product while food shopping, would you purchase it?
Probably not. Although I am drawn to guacamole-flavored things, I am not so into the spicy. And P.S. I am still mad at Alison for comparing me to Sandra fecking Lee when I made my own guacamole out of an avocado and a blob of salsa. What?? Salsa is made of all the ingredients you'd add to guac! And it's all I had! And, and, I needed to be eating guacamole, damn it!

3. Are you irked by the current trend of referring to all things environmentally friendly as “green” ? (Suck it, “green” toothpicks. You’re not green. Come talk to my chartreuse Pringles! Which are weirdly delicious, by the way.)

This is going to make people hate me, but I am irked by anything environmentally sound. In fact, if I can find a way to pollute the earth, chances are, I will take advantage of it. For example, I buy disposable coffee cups so I don't have to wash an insulated mug everyday. Refill a Brita pitcher full of water all the time? Yeah right, my fridge is full of bottled water. And also about 10 non-biodegradable Styrofoam leftover containers.

4. After noting that your total purchase exceeded $500, would you still return your shopping cart to the locking chain thing to retrieve your goddamn quarter? (In case you’re unfamiliar, some stores require you to put a quarter into the cart to “unlock” it from the other carts to which it’s chained.)

Yes, but not because of the quarter. For some reason, as lazy as I noted above, I am a stickler about returning the cart to the designated area. We don't have the chain things, but I always feel a twinge of guilt if my cart disengages from the other carts, sending it off across the parking lot, and into someones bumper. I'm thoughtful like that...

5. Let's say you saw Days of Thunder by the register on the “$9.99 or less!” DVD rack, enticing you with its nostalgic packaging, and your own cherished memories of Tom Cruise (a.k.a. one Mr. Cole Trickle) uttering such gems as, “Speed…To be able to control it. To know that I can control something that's out of control." Would you strongly consider buying it, rather than walking on by like a normal person? (Note: Logic prevailed, and I refrained, but the question is, would you consider it.)

Make it Risky Business, and you've got yourself a deal.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Janie said...

quarter?! we have to put a loonie in-- darn straight i'm going to get my buck back! oh, and the nice kind thought jess wrote. :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

Alright, well blogger won't let me comment on your last post, and because i can't keep my thoughts to myself, i'm posting my comment for it, on here.

I just spent $300 on the Curves 6 week solution thing. The winner gets to fit into my wedding gown. Sadly, i cannot manage to go more than a day and a half without cheating. I have lost 1 pound. Not quite worth the investment. Weight sucks.

Oh, and i'm sure after you borrow (or steal) a mower and give the yard a quick once-over, it will be fine!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Janie - I wish we had money called loonie... And also, let's come up with a diet program of our own! Think of the profit we could make off chubby hopefuls with no will-power!

7:41 PM  
Blogger metalia said...

Ha~I love that you meme'd yourself (dirtay!) with my insane supermarket questions. Love your responses, and I despise Sandra Lee, too.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home